X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carmen Moore

Carmen Moore

Character sheet
Power: Hypersuasion

Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join)) Empty
PostSubject: Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join))   Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join)) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 pm

"Stop." The lizard skidded to a stop, tiny pieces of dirt flying as the claw dug into it, slowing the creature down. Carmen glared.

"Go." The legs took stuttering, resentful steps, green scales creaking in protest, the animal doing everything it could to resist the silken voice taking control of its mind. It didn't work. Fingers fisted in frustration, nails digging into dirt, pulling slightly off the nail beds.

"Stop." It halted again, more abruptly, no time to slow down, and the lizard flipped, landing on its back, showing the pale underbelly. It turned its head to glare at her. Carmen bit her lip.

Thirty minutes. For thirty minutes she'd been laying on her belly, skin tickled by cool grass, trying to train. Well, more of figuring out how to not use her powers at all. But instead of gaining control over when and where she used them, it just seemed like it was getting easier and easier to control the animal every time she spoke. That wasn't exactly what she was looking for. She'd been trying to find a way, any way, to say a word and not have every living being within earshot carry out their interpretation of her 'orders'. Thirty minutes of failure and hopelessness.

The stupid lizard was doing everything she said, no matter what. Well, there was that one time where she'd said 'Do the Macarena' and it had just sort of stood there staring, enraptured, but it didn't count. It couldn't do something it had never heard before. Still, it was getting frustrating that she couldn't even talk to herself without having a lizard jump off a tree and into her face. Never again will I say 'take a leap of Faith' out loud. I'd rather not have people chuck themselves at me.

Carmen took a deep breathe, sucking in fresh air that wasn't so different from back home in Georgia. She closed her eyes, centering her mind on one word and spoke it like she was speaking to the trees, the wind, the stars, the world. "Go." She opened her eyes and the lizard was still there, staring, blinking.

Her next breathe was a gasp and a sob and a laugh and a sigh, an expression on tiredness and hope, and relief and the fact that she had finally done it. One word. One word was all she had asked for, and she had gotten it. The sick feeling that she seemed to permanently carry around in her stomach untwisted, curling out and fading into normalcy and elation. "Oh my god," she breathed.

She'd done it. She'd said something and the world hadn't ended, and no one had followed her orders blindly, and she hadn't ruined someone's life....

That was why it was such a surprise when the world seemed to fall out from underneath her with a pair of unfamiliar eyes and a power she didn't quite understand.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Wilson

Aiden Wilson

Character sheet
Power: Time Travel

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join))   Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join)) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 pm

((sorry this is taking me forever!! I have had a ton of threads on a lot of sites and I recently had surgery, but I will get up a reply later tonight!

edit: I was going to delete this, but it won't let me, so sorry for the spam.))

Last edited by Aiden Wilson on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/
Aiden Wilson

Aiden Wilson

Character sheet
Power: Time Travel

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join))   Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join)) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 pm

((Don't feel bad, mine is even more short and lacking in quality DX I'm really sorry. The anesthetics made me quite brain dead in my defense.... but I promise once she asks him to join her in practicing and such and he travels, the posts will get longer and well... better quality XP))

“Katy don’t cry I know. You’re trying your hardest. And the hardest part is letting go, all the nights we shared, oh Cala is calling and you know it’s haunting but compared to your eyes nothing shines quite as bright, and when you look to the skies – “ Aiden stopped singing abruptly when he saw a figure, a girl – lying on her belly, a ways away from his. Colour immediately flushed to his cheeks when he realized that he wasn’t alone. He thought that here no one would hear him. He was obviously and regrettably wrong.

-let’s not pretend like you’re alone tonight, I know he’s there and… still blared extremely loud in his ears. Aiden wasn’t that bad of a singer… actually he was quite good, just not brilliant. However, when earphones are turned up so loud that you can’t even hear yourself think let alone sing, there was a bit of debate over whether he was on tune or not. Frankly he didn’t know and he hoped it wasn’t rubbish enough for the girl to walk away.
Who knows. Maybe she didn’t even hear.

Aiden heard the girl say “go.” He was slightly taken aback, but it wasn’t hard to decipher that the girl wasn’t taking to him. To something else, in front of her. She didn’t seem to hear him and so he figured taking a little peek and being discovered would be too bad. Only a few steps closer and the girl said, “oh my god.”

“Er… is everything alright?” Aiden offered. The girl looked up at him and to his surprise, she seemed surprised. Something had shocked her at seeing him. “Uh… hello?” He began again. “Did I interrupt anything?” He faded out a little at these last words. He suddenly felt odd. Like he shouldn’t be there. His accent seemed crisp and faint. I’m turning into a bloody American he couldn’t help but laugh at the thought. Actually, from being here, he realized that American’s actually weren’t as bad as they were made out to be.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join))   Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desperate Times, And All That ((Aiden, PM to join))
Page 1 of 1