X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet
Power: Radiant Energy

We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) Empty
PostSubject: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Charlie loved it when the day was cool. She had been every where, all across the globe, experienced freezing snows and rains to the heat of the desert and she had concluded her favorite weather. And that was a a drizzly day with a cold breeze and in need of a jacket. It was drizzling but it had that feel to it that it might just mist. Charlie had left early this morning dressed in training gear to a T. Black tank, black hoodie, black shorts, black combat boots, black hair tie...She didn't really mind the cool air on her legs but it was her upper body that got cold quick. She left early to go exploring, she loved it. She kind-of reverted back to her child like ways whilst alone in the woods, adventure seeker and playful. Although this was only with herself, she aimed to find a place alone and solitary, for it was on there that she really felt free to release herself. Maybe her protectiveness over her power carried over into protectiveness over her true self, fearing harm to others if they came to close. Maybe that was also why she never feared being blunt with other people, she really didn't care if others spent time with her, she would only push them away if they got to close any way.

Carefully she picked her way across the estate, not really paying attention to where she was headed as she knew she could always find her way back to the mansion. Her silent foot fall carried her to a clearing in the woods, it was grassy and little streams of sunlight broke through the clouds dancing in little patches on the grass. It was pretty and she was sure the grass was soft, with a light smile she walked into the area and looked around. Closed off by trees and mini boulders this place was perfect, she made a note to remember where it was. Stretching she got ready to just kind-of do what ever she thought she needed work on. As of now she was working on performance so to speak, like flips and roll overs and stuff of that nature, really just stuff that will keep her fast and agile. That was half of fighting, she had learned through her years at the academy, because it didn't take you long to realize there weren't many fat mutants. A tubby mutant, even good with their powers, would last long in a fight, stamina was a necessity.

She quickly brushed her hair back into a sloppy bun, it would do, she figured, and set about stamina practice.
Back to top Go down
https://xmenewgenerationrpg.rpg-board.net
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:24 am

A cool day with a bit of drizzle and mist is always a good day for Lex. He certainly was not a big fan of the sun or of the bothersome warmth it brought. Though he grew up in a slightly sunny countryside in France, he had always loved it when it rained hard all day. Continuous rain meant no sun, and no sun meant stronger powers and less chances of exhaustion for him. So when Lex woke up that morning to the currently cool temperature of the East Coast, Lex decided this would be the day for him to explore the Institute. His body preferred the cold more than the warmth, and so he had no need for thick layers of clothing. And as if to make his pale skin look even more chalky and vampire-like, he wore black clothing from head to toe. He had on a black shirt, black sweatpants, and black trainers with a grey design on it. His eyes were rimmed with dark circles due to the lack of sleep he had recently, but despite his slightly languid appearance he actually felt like he could do with a bit of training today. Jogging seemed like a good idea, for it would let him exercise and explore the Institute at the same time. Upon deciding this, Lex set off to jog at a steady pace around the Institute.

Lex was somewhat of an appearance conscious “health freak”, so he jogged for as long as he could. However, he was also lazy, and his laziness was pleading with him to practise creating shadow portals instead of jogging around with Kyo’s songs playing repeatedly on his iPod. He was actually surprised to find it in one of his coats’ pockets. He had almost forgotten he had one until he remembered how it was given to him by the mutant lady who took care of him in Los Angeles. “Et l’onde de choc propage le message, et je quitte le sol l’orage se prépare…” the band’s lead vocalist sang as Lex’s mind had its own debate on whether Lex should practise using his powers instead. The “self-debate” went on for a few minutes until Lex decided that he did not want to pass up on the opportunity to really see the Institute and its surroundings. With Kyo’s songs still playing on the iPod, he jogged around the woods area until he finally reached a clearing. In it was a girl who seemed to be doing some gymnastics. She seemed to be on the taller side of the scale for women with sandy blond hair. As she paused to brush her hair into a sloppy bun, Lex noticed how she had been training really hard. Whilst she was on the slender side, one could see and feel the strength inside of her.

Normally Lex wasn’t the type who watched people, but he liked how this girl trained herself. Lex was the type of person who constantly worked to improve himself, and so with one goal in mind he emerged from the shadows (figuratively this time, for he wasn’t shadow travelling) to speak to the girl. He hoped his sudden presence would not alarm her, for he wasn’t here to fight. “Good day,” he greeted civilly. “I couldn’t help but notice how hard you train yourself. Perhaps, if you’d like, we could improve ourselves even more by training together?” His French accent oozed as he spoke in a calm and unreadable manner.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Startled Charlotte silently whipped around and nearly blasted the kid. But as she regained herself she just looked at him incredulously, he wanted to train with her. Taking a deep breath all she could think of was

"God you scared the crap out of me." her heart was still racing but she tried to keep her features calm. She blinked at him for a second, he had a dark handsomeness to him that both unsettled and intrigued Charlie. Maybe it was just the french accent, accents always gave some one that foreign flare that some girls swooned for. Charlie wasn't big on swooning. She had seen him around before but she knew he was relatively new, in fact she thought she remembered Sorin talking about him...but she never got his name. Only to late did she realize she had been staring at him a bit to long and quickly averted her gaze.

"Sorry, I just...you want to train with me?" she stuttered, training with other people was relatively new to her. She usually kept her powers and her thoughts to herself, she didn't really trust other people or her own person, she knew how emotionally fragile humans are especially mutants. Something about powers, Charlie found, kept them on edge, a lot of times emotionally making their powers unstable. Her hazel eyes looked this kid over quickly, not one to want to repeat and awkward stare and decided he looked alright. Slowly she drew a breath to calm her still racing heart, why was she so jumpy?

"Alright then, if you want. Shall we spar...?" the end of her sentence went up in question, she was asking his name. Although she had never really sparred with another person, she had fought them in capture the flag but that was always swift, she had a separate goal and fighting them was necessary for that to happen, here her goal was to fight and that changed up the style a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:06 am

When the girl turned to look at him, Lex finally had a better look at her. He finally got to see her hazel eyes. Her black clothes made her pale skin look paler, but it seemed to suit her appearance. She also had a calm and composed expression, and for once Lex found himself wondering what she was thinking. Usually, people’s feelings were transparent and easy to read for him, but this girl had a certain manner that made her look so cool and tough. She had a no-nonsense air around her, which Lex was glad to feel. He had always been surrounded by awfully bubbly girls before he arrived at the Institute, and he certainly wasn’t in the mood to deal with those types of girls. However, he also wondered if this girl would turn out to be similar to the girls who tried to act tough by bullying him in primary school. She didn’t have that aura, but you could never tell. After all, people can be extremely deceptive, and Lex wouldn’t be surprised if the girl knew how to be one given how she handled herself. If it weren’t for the stutter in her voice when she spoke, Lex wouldn’t have believed that he had “scared the crap” out of her. The girl asked if they should spar, and Lex nodded.

“I’m sorry I frightened you, truly I am,” Lex said, his voice sounding more cordial than it typically was. As soon as he said this, Lex was inwardly taken aback. Since when did he apologise? However, he maintained his composure as well as he spoke. “And yes,” said Lex with a nod. “I do think we should spar. It would be good training, though I doubt a new person like me could be enough challenge for you.” Reluctantly, his hand materialised from his pocket. He extended it towards the girl. “The name is Lex,” he introduced himself. “Lex Darcy. And may I ask what is yours?” Lex didn’t smile as he introduced himself, but he did his best to sound friendly enough. He wasn’t exactly used to acting friendly, and he hated breaking the ice. Then again, he is now living with other mutants like him, and frustrating as it could get sometimes he had to break the ice. Besides, he was glad to come across a girl who didn’t try to be “super-close” with him immediately. It was refreshing to find someone who could act calm and collected even when she was truly surprised—and maybe even a bit frightened by his sudden appearance.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:31 pm

"It fine...you startling me I mean, I should have been more attentive, I should have seen you coming, or heard you at least." she said and moved closer to shake his hand, noticing his eyes where startlingly blue, very much unlike his dark features. She took his hand lightly and said "Charlotte, but please call me Charlie." she gave him a light smirk but kept her gaze incredulous, he hadn't smiled at her but his tone seemed cordial enough so Charlie didn't write him off as rude just...reclusive. His demeanor didn't hint at anything sinister or ill meant, she reprimanded herself for being so defensive and cautious.

Clearing her throat she moved back towards the middle of the clearing "So, shall we begin? This may be hard to believe, what with my threatening appearance and massive build, but I have never really sparred much with others before, not for a while any way." her eyes glinted with laughter although none escaped her lips, in fact her voice was quite steady and tranquil. Inside her heart beat faster as she knew she was going to fight, not the fighting that made her nervous, it was the control, how much would she have? She supposed she was about to find out but even then...She took off her black hoodie to reveal a black tank she wore underneath, the day was slightly warming and her earlier practice had warmed her up enough. She brushed stray strands of blond hair from her face, which was flushed from activity and cool air, tucking them behind her ear she wasn't quite sure how to begin.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 am

Lex studied the girl closely as they shook hands. There was a light smirk on her face, but Lex could tell it wasn’t to be rude. She introduced herself as “Charlotte”, but the girl preferred to be called “Charlie”. The tough girl type, Lex mused to himself. Aside from her calm but warrior-like aura, she also had to have a nickname that sounded kind of masculine. But despite Lex’s seemingly old-fashioned manners, he was actually impressed. Now, if all the girls all around the world were tough like Charlie, then maybe they wouldn’t have those issues the feminists constantly fought for. Lex remembered Simone du Beavouir and other feminist philosophers for a moment before he remembered how he was here to spar with her and not to engage in a philosophical discussion. Inwardly, he scolded himself for focusing too much on just brains and not on brawns. Yes, he had that very intelligent brain of his with a high IQ, but what was he to do with it if all his life he never spars with anyone? Because, truthfully, tough and cunning as Lex seemed to be, he had never before sparred seriously with anyone else either. His main weapon was his brain, and usually that was what he used… until he had the inspiration to practise using his brawns upon seeing Charlie train herself.

“Yes, perhaps, beginning this would be a good idea,” said Lex with the same unreadable expression on his face. Any more of that expression and Lex may forever remain a poker faced person, but Lex didn’t care. Why try to be expressive now? From his position, he took a few steps toward Charlie before bowing. He didn’t know if mutants bowed before sparring as a custom, but it was something deeply ingrained in him. After all, he once trained in France for Karate, though his sensei had mostly made him focus on kata and not kumite (therefore denying him of the opportunity to be able to spar seriously). As soon as he was standing upright again, he positioned himself for the spar, with this feet moving gracefully as looked for an opening. Due to his lack of sparring experience in karate, he never really knew if what he was doing was right, but he decided to give things a try for this spar anyway. Deciding to try a move his sensei had shown him years ago he sprinted towards Charlie’s back as he moved to grab her from behind.

((Sorry it's awful. :[ I'm such a newbie at sparring threads...))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))   We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We fight daily, in the silent chambers of our soul... ((Lex, pm to join))
Page 1 of 1