X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet
Power: Radiant Energy

When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] Empty
PostSubject: When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]   When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Charlie had been waiting all day for this. She had been doing her class work. Latin homework? Check. Science report? Done. English paper and Greek Translations? Easy and easier. Math? Um....it could wait. She had seen the blue skies when she woke this morning and it was all she could think about the whole, entire, day. She only stopped to eat because she needed the energy. Training was her peace and comfort. She either read, or trained. Reading could wait for a rainy day because today she was sure as hell training! Her fingers tingled with anticipation as she made her way out onto the great green field, and to make it all better there was close to no one there. The academy held around 80 to 90 mutants, not a lot, and when there was no one...there was literally no one. She loved it, the day was perfect. She preferred to practice wit no one watching, she focused better that way. Her long blond hair was tied back and she wore simple training clothing, black tank, black shorts, and black lace up combat boots, Charlie's favorite.

Her feet made barley any sound as she emerged onto the soft grass and she headed to the far corner, her favorite place. 2/3's of the field was banked with trees which kind-of served as a boarder, but Charlie liked to venture out into them all the same. She stood at the corner of the field grinning, God she loved this so much. It reminded her of when she was little. Her parents would take her and her brother to a grassy river-side when they were younger. Her dad would try to get her to fish but she would always get bored with it and wander off playing among the trees, while her mother would set out a picnic blanket and sandwiches and other things they brought. She hadn't been there since she was 6, but she remembered the sun light streaming through the trees and casting amazing shadows on the ground. She could remember the sound of the river and of her mother laughing. When she closed her eyes she could go back there, smell the dirt and remember playing with rocks and sticks while her brother and father fished. She realized she had closed her eyes and was remembering every thing, the food, the blanket, the sun light and the laughter, but suddenly, to Charlie's horror she realized she couldn't see their faces. She could picture their hair and voices but their faces where fading. She couldn't see her mother's face, try as she might to remember it was gone, as was her fathers and her brother only held wisp of a memory. She could only remember his crystal blue eyes and how handsome he was, but no more. Abruptly she opened her eyes and pushed away all thoughts, her chest had started to hurt and eyes burn, but she refused to cry.

Blinking for a moment Charlie got centered. Stretching a little bit Charlie decided she would start with her simple discs and shards maneuver. Closing her eyes again she placed her hands at her sides and began to pull the energy into her hands, and like a mouse trap she sprung, venting her anger on the tree that was meters in front of her. She threw the discs and they sliced through the air with a silent whirr and at the last moment she broke them in mid air, sending them up around and down the tree, slicing at it's bark and leaves cutting it up, it began to ooze sap from the gashes made in the tree and when Charlie couldn't hold it any longer she threw her hands down frustrated and the shards dissolved. It wasn't enough. Harder she told herself and this time she made them pierce and rip at the tree, one working it way all they way through it. But she couldn't hold it long enough and they dissolved as well, her eyes blanched white. Growling a little she tried a different approach, she turned her palm to face the tree, arm stretched out. She slightly popped her wrist backwards and she shot a wave of energy at the tree, obliterating it. But her heart still raced, it wasn't enough, it wasn't good enough, she was failing.
Back to top Go down
https://xmenewgenerationrpg.rpg-board.net
Vadella Chandler

Vadella Chandler

Character sheet
Power: Psychic (Telepathy and Telekinesis)

PostSubject: Re: When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]   When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 pm

The steady beat of her feat hitting the ground relaxed Vader. Running was something she could always couldn't on to relax her, and sometimes it helped her ignore the near constant stream of voices in her head. Fortunately, she was all alone in the part of woods where she was running and so for the first time in a while, there was absolute silence in her head, with exception of her own thoughts. The silence in her head was almost unnerving, but Vader enjoyed it; she could almost be normal for once. Almost. Most of the time when she was completely alone, Vader tried to remember anything that would come to her head about her past, but she always came up empty, and with a huge headache so then she would move on to other things. Today she didn’t even bother trying to remember, she was just focusing on what had happened in the past few days; she’d found another mutant who had invited her to go to a school for mutants, and then agreed. She’d met more mutants than she’d ever seen before and now she was here, at the academy, running in the forest with absolutely no one’s thoughts in her head besides her own. Things were definitely starting to be different, and in some ways better, but Vader missed a lot of things; she was no longer completely dependent on herself, which she had rather enjoyed, and she also enjoyed the freedom she’d had. The one thing she missed the most was the weather in Texas, which was where she’d spent most of the two year’s she’d been independent. Texas had been hot, overbearingly so, but that didn’t matter to Vader, she loved the feeling of the warm sun on her skin and jumping into a cool water on a particularly hot day. Here in New York, she only took her jacket off indoors, yes it was summer, but she was cold in 70 degree weather, so she was running with a thin hoodie that she had found in her dresser.

Vader knew she was close to the school when she heard faint whispers in the back of her mind, one stood out more than any of the others, and it sounded familiar, but she couldn’t quite catch what the voice in her head was saying. Sighing Vader picked up her pace and headed in the direction that she thought the person was. She smiled slightly as the voice in her head got stronger as she moved in that direction. Soon she was able to tell that the voice in her head belonged to Charlie, the mutant who had found her in Dallas and had invited her to go to the academy, which reminded Vader that she still needed to apologize for controlling her in the café.

The trees started spreading apart around her and soon Vader found herself on the edge of the practice field. Not far away from her was Charlie, who was standing in front of a tree that had shreds in it. It’s not enough, I’m failing. She heard Charlie think. Vader jogged over to her. “Uh, hey Charlie.” Vader said, falling into her usual shy self. After a short pause in which Vader tried to stay out of Charlie’s mind, Vader blurted out; “So um, I’m sorry about controlling you in Starbucks…I can be a bit overbearing sometimes…sorry.” It felt awkward saying it, so Vader drew the attention away from what she had said by scratching her arm briefly and then brushing the few flyaway strands of hair that had escaped from her ponytail out of her face. “So, er, what are you doing?” She asked, even though she already knew. It was more polite that way, She thought, looking at the tree which Charlie was standing in front of.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet
Power: Radiant Energy

PostSubject: Re: When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]   When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Charlie was abruptly pulled form her thoughts by...Vader? Charlie couldn't help but give a confused look but she quickly covered it with her usual indifferent one. It looked as if Vader had been running, and with no one else out here, Charlie reasoned, She could hear whispers of Charlie's thoughts. Great she thought bitterly. Anger and frustration still ran through her veins and she bit her lip trying not to snap a Vader. She did nothing wrong and was merely making conversation Charlie reasoned with herself. Her anger growled a little but reason reprimanded it and she put on a partial smile.

Vader caught her off guard so she stammered a little "Oh...er yah, its cool, you where scared... I'm ah...I'm just practicing, it staves off..." she didn't finish staves off bad memories she thought to herself but said awkwardly "Staves off lazyness.." but she suddenly cursed in her head She can hear all this! and quickly tried to hide her thoughts with in her mind. Her hazel eyes darted to the ground and then back up to Vader, she wasn't so good at blocking things out when she was caught off guard. "So." she said turning towards her now in pieces target. "So, I have yet to see you move stuff with your mind. Give it a shot." she moved so Vader could get centered, although Charlie was only delaying the inevitable.
Back to top Go down
https://xmenewgenerationrpg.rpg-board.net
Sorin Aelius

Sorin Aelius

Character sheet
Power: Solar Power

PostSubject: Re: When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]   When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:14 pm

((Um..I might let this go a bit before I join...cause I can't think of stuff right now, Im lame I know.))
Back to top Go down
Vadella Chandler

Vadella Chandler

Character sheet
Power: Psychic (Telepathy and Telekinesis)

PostSubject: Re: When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]   When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Vader bit her lip anxiously; Charlie obviously didn't want company and wanted to be alone with her thoughts. And guess who showed up? The telepath chick that just happened to have conrolled her in the middle of Starbucks Vader thought, wishing now, more than ever that she could just sink into the ground or just dissapear. When she and Charlie had first met, Vader had been angry, for no good reason other than the fact that Charlie had apeared in her city. Not that Dallas was really her city, but it was the closest thing to home she'd ever found and then Charlie showed up, ruining the feeling of Dallas being her home. It wasn't Charlie's fault though and so now, Vader didn't blame her, but that day in Starbucks she had.

"Oh...er yeah, it's cool, you were scared... I'm ah...I'm just practicing, it staves off...staves off laziness." Staves off bad memories. Vader heard Charlie think. She tried to smile comfortingly, but she still heard Charlie's thoughts on realizing that Vader could hear everything going on inside her head. "Mmm, yeah, I guess so, although sometimes, practicing makes me even more lazy, considering I don't exactly have to do stuff myself." Vader said with a wry smile, hoping Charlie would understand what she meant.

Charlie mentioned Vader's telikenesis and giving a demonstration. Vader scratched her arm, feeling uncomfortable. "Well, my telikenesis is a little underdeveloped compared to my telepathy; I don't use it as much, but I guess I can give it a shot..." She said thoughtfully. Vader studdied a branch that must have broken off of a tree some time ago as it was partially burried under the soil and invisioned it rising from the ground as if an invisible string was attached to it, pulling it up. The branch rose swiftly and jerked to the side. The motion was opposite from how Vader had envisioned it; rising slowly and smoothly from the ground. With a sigh Vader let the branch drop. "Well, I definitley need to practice that." She said with a small smile. "So did you do this?" Vader asked politley, guesturing to the gashes in the tree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]   When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When in doubt, blow it up [Vader, Sorin, any one else PM to join!]
Page 1 of 1