X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nadine Bildner

Nadine Bildner

Character sheet
Power: Emotional Control

Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) Empty
PostSubject: Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))   Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 pm

“Oh je, wie Stauchen Sie jetzt schloß sie und mich noch etwas trinken.” Nadine snapped her eyes fluctuating and glared deep into the bar mans eyes. Her gaze was impossible to decline; only a heartless person would be able to perform such a task. The bar man reluctantly gave Nadine some Champagne which she didn’t pay for and she nodded and walked off to the door, her high heels penetrating the sound of everyone in the room. It sickened Nadine how persuadable people were, not that Nadine cared about them, no, she merely wanted the satisfaction of making them crumble, though now she just sipped her drink, constantly aware of her surroundings, though Nadine noticed the odd man looking at her, she hated German men sometimes, always after a lady, and she had lost count at the amount of times that she had to reject someone, her life was just far too boring for her liking.

She didn’t deny that Berlin was an okay city to live in, but she would certainly not choose it over other Cities in the world, though she was stuck with it, so she made use of it. She was a criminal around these places, but a quiet criminal, one that no one ever picked up on, he ‘crimes’ were purely her testing her powers. Though this didn’t matter, she had to get her presence known, she wasn’t afraid of standing out from the crowd, and most didn’t recognize her as different, her power was a good one, it didn’t have a physical aura, it was more mentally associated, so many people felt the need to walk up to her talk to her, though in most cases Nadine just shrugged them off, if they got too close then she would unleash her true power, making her enemies fall before her as they saw their deepest fear, of course Nadine needed to master this, after all she was under pressure, the power took a lot of energy, though it regained it quickly. Nadine didn’t know why she had it, it had just been there her whole life, and she had evolved around it.

Her hair waved in the cool breeze, over exaggerated steps which were quick and instantaneous, though by no means untidy. Her lips pursed slightly and her eyes fluttering around, the glass of Champagne lazily dangled from her hands loose grip and she turned the corner into a smaller walkway that she deemed to have the exact place she wished to be, her dress fluttered as she walked, leaves waved through the wind and got tangled in her hair, though Nadine simply rubbed them out.

She finally reached the building she was looking for, though she turned her head swaying back and forth making sure no one was following her, and a smile grew on her face, she walked gracefully to the side of the building were there lay a stairway, metal and spiraled, she sat at the bottom looking out at the park that lay on the main road, she liked this small path that lead away from the busy life, even though she loved attention, this was where she preferred, she lay the glass of Champagne on the floor and started to think. After a few minutes Nadine had gotten so into her thinking that she failed to spot a person come up to her, she turned and shouted in German,” Was zum Teufel machst du da?! Ich würde Ihnen raten, wieder nach rechts ab jetzt!” She was now stood up and was slowly beginning to move away from this person, she didn’t care what they wanted, if they didn’t back of then she would unleash her power on them.

((German translations ( Whether or not Angel knows it I suppose is up to you.) :
1: "Oh dear, how upsetting, now shut it and get me another drink."
2: "What the hell are you doing, I would advise you to turn away right now!" - They are not exact but they are the basic idea. xD ))
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet
Power: Elemental (also has wings)

PostSubject: Re: Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))   Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Berlin, Germany. This was one of the many places Angel had never been to, nor ever really wanted to go to. There were many places he wanted to visit, but Germany had never really been of any interest him. He didn't know why, he just didn't feel like it was soemwhere he'd want to go. There were plenty of other places he'd have loved to see, however. Greece, Italy, Spain.. and there were all those States in America. So many places to travel, so little time... he'd find a way, though. Angel usually did.

So why was Angel in Berlin? Well, the Institute had found out there was a mutant somewhere in the city. How Angel as supposed to find her, he had no clue. He guessed he'd just look for signs of chaos, a classic way to find a mutant. Though it all depended on what this mutant's powers were. The telepaths at the Institute could find a mutant easily enough, but they couldn't let you know what their abilities were.

Finding a small alleyway, Angel dived down and landed, walking out and looking around. Finding a mutant from the air would be quite hard, and so he had to settle for walking around. Now came the hard part - finding this girl. If he were a mutant in Berlin, where would he stay? Well... that probably wouldn't help much, as he didn't know Berlin. Plus, it would depend o nthe girl's personality. However, every mutant liked some time to get away from the rest of the world, some time to relax. So he started searching the small side streets, looking up and down for teh girl. Half an hour passed, and he had no luck.

Then, as he was thinking of looking elsewhere, he felt an aura around him, one that came from other mutants, whether they tried to hide it or not. There, sitting on the bottom of a metal spiral stairway, as a girl, drinking champagne. She looked a bit young to be able to leally get alcohol, and as Angel walked towards her, she stood up and shouted at him in German. Angel didn't have much of a clue of what she was saying, but it sounded angry.

Oh great... I'm stuck with an angry person. Angel thought bitterly. Chances were, this wouldn't go too well. Angel didn't like conflict, but it seemd this time, he might have to put up with it.

"Um.. sorry, I don't understand a word you're saying. Do you speak English?" He asked. He spoke a little slower than he would to someone he knew spoke English, but he didn't slow down that much in case teh girl got the impression that he was talking to her as if she was stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://masquerade.forumfree.co.uk/
Nadine Bildner

Nadine Bildner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))   Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:19 am

As the other person spoke, Nadine immediately made a note that he was younger than she was, but it wasn’t by a large amount. Though Nadine was certainly intimidated by his presence, he was...different than usual people, but her anger towards him didn’t falter as he spoke, he was British...or so she assumed, and she had nothing against this at all, she just knew it meant she would have to speak English, one of her worse languages, but she was able to master simply English at least, she quietly sighed and then answered him, “Uhh, Ja, I speak, slight Enlish.” She knew her accent messed it up slightly, but she was content on making the fact that she could speak his language clear, “And, I do not apprec-iate you speaking...slowly.” she said with a tilt of the head.

At the moment Nadine was mainly concerned by the fact that this boy had actually found her, this was her little space that no one else knew of, or as far as she knew anyway, maybe it was just luck or he was randomly walking around, but she had an idea that he had been searching for her, it definitely explained why he spoke English anyway. “Wie est dein...name...Sorry, my English, bad.” She said with a slower tone, mainly to mimic the boy’s tone, which really hadn’t been slow enough to offend her, though hopefully he would understand what she had asked, it was simple to understand really, German and English weren’t that different, they both said the word ‘Name’ in the same context,

Nadine then picked up the glass of champagne and sipped it, turning her head away from the other boy, though Nadine no longer cared of his presence, and calmed herself, maybe he was here for some productive reason? If so, then Nadine wanted to make it crumble, she wasn’t one who followed a set plan, and the thought of actually following his ‘orders’ if he gave her any made her cringe slightly. At least she had thought things through quickly, though something told her that the boys’ intentions were good, and she cared little for his reasons behind finding her, she could use him, and that was all she needed to know.

He was taller than she was, a fact Nadine detested, she had always been small, it was something that wasn’t really worthy of being embarrassed about, but Nadine always managed to find something to criticise herself with, her height was the most common, but by no means the only one, she didn’t really want to speak to this person whilst he was taller than her, after all it made Nadine feel inferior, another thing she didn’t like, and his attitude was another thing she didn’t endorse. He really wasn’t giving a good first impression, so naturally Nadine turned to looking good. It was a foolish thing to do, but if he couldn’t make a good impression on her, she would have to make him think she was ‘nice’, it was disgusting.

“So then,” She said with a slight flicker of her eyelashes and a tilt of the head, hands losing their grip on the nearly empty bottle of champagne, “why you come here too little old me?” Nadine was quite proud of that, speaking English so fluently, it surprised herself how well it came out and she flinched slightly, hopefully before the boy noticed her sudden realisation Nadine went to fiddle with her hair, an action she went through far too many times each day, though it was an action she found to get increasingly addictive as she performed it. She then spoke, quietly and mainly to herself and what she said amused her greatly since the boy wouldn’t know what she had said, “Wie dumm kann man bekommen, ernst?” She grinned, again to herself before turning back to the boy, wondering how he would react to her English, and her general behaviour, but there was one thing for sure, she was definitely not going to stay neutral to him, soon she would get bored and lose her patience with him, and that was her fun would begin.

((Translation : "How stupid can you get, seriously?" xD Ahh how I do love Nadine.))
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet
Power: Elemental (also has wings)

PostSubject: Re: Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))   Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:09 pm

"Sorry if I caused any offence." Angel said, feeling a little silly when the girl spoke English back to him. It was slightly halted, but good enough. The girl asked for his name, and apologised for her English been bad. For some reason, Angel didn't believe her. He thought she was playing stupid, acting like she didn't talk English very well on purpose. Even though he didn't know this girl, he got a vibe off of her, that she liked to play with people. That was the kind of person Angel really didn't like. Angel didn't know a lot of German, which is why he hadn't understood much of what she was saying before, but he did know bits and pieces of it. So when she asked his name, he decided he'd reply in German. "Ich heiβe Angel. Wie heiβt du?"

The girl picked up her champagne and sipped from it, turning away from Angel. Then, in perfect English, she asked why he was looking for her. Angel raised his eyebrow, not just at the notice of the way she spoke that sentence fluently, but also because it sounded like something you'd here from a cowboy movie or something of the sort. The girl seemed to notice this as well, and started fiddling with her hair, which must have been a nerous habit. When Angel was thinking or nervous, he usually got a small flame looping through his fingers. Angel heared her mutter under her breath and his face dropped, and he gave the girl a look.

"I'm not stupid, actually." He said. He didn't speak much German, no, but as previously stated, he did speak some, and he knew enough to know when someone as calling him stupid. With a snort, Angel carried on with what he was saying. "I'm here from the Xavier Institute in New York to let you know there's a place there open for you. It's for people like us... by which, I mean mutants." To make his point, Angel slipped his wings out of his t-shirt and spread them wide, then held his hands out, flame in each one. "Personally, I think it would be a good idea, but that's your choice. It's free, it's in New York, and you get food and a bed, as well as the knowledge that you're with others of your kind. You'll learn how to use your powers to the best of your ability and get the chance to go on missions and stuff. They've got a swimming pool, a gym, a massive library, woods and the grounds are extensive. There's all sorts there, and it gets you away from here."
Back to top Go down
http://masquerade.forumfree.co.uk/
Nadine Bildner

Nadine Bildner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))   Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 pm

The boy’s action surprised Nadine, and she clearly showed this surprise, flinching yet again when he spoke in...German? Though Nadine was optimistic, her eyes narrowed in slightly, she could sense his emotions, anger, it was only a small thing that Nadine really didn’t want to pick up on, and she managed to stop herself just in time to answer him, “I’m Nadine, Nadine Bildner.” She said with a slight jerk of the head, and she glared at him, she didn’t like him, and she wasn’t going to change that opinion on him. Then she picked up another emotion, loyalty, this caught her off guard and Nadine’s eyes turned pink, she gasped slightly and looked at Angel and when he snorted it went through the girl her eyes flashed back to normal and she gave him a fake smile.

“That’s...interesting, though why should I trust...uhm you.” She said her English wavering slightly, though she had gotten better at it in the past few years, and obviously Angel has picked up on her attempt to fool him, and she hated him for this, but none the less she listened, took in the information that he gave her. She was about to counter him when he produced a pair of wings and placed fire in the palms of his hands, Nadine paused in mid motion, glaring at the foreign things, she didn’t endorse them at all, it made him much more powerful than she was, after all she couldn’t fight him, not physically anyway. Nadine didn’t show any of her thoughts just a simple cringe that was highly secretive. As Nadine listened to him, Angel’s attempts to sell the Xavier institute were at first putting her off the idea, especially the swimming pool and gym part, despite her natural beauty; Nadine hated exercise, of any forms, her beauty was only a side effect of her power, one that generally aided her.

“Auch dann...I mean, well then this Xavier place sounds, okay." The only thing that really got Nadine’s attention was the fact that he said that it meant she could get away from here, it was what she wanted, though her head was filled with thoughts, she needed t think things through, after all Nadine needed to see positive and negative sides to this, it meant more victims at least, it also meant that she could ruin more lives of people that were similar to her, she could learn about her power, the only thing she knew was that it had a history unlike most, and it was easier to control, but until now she hadn’t seen any other powers, it was just something she had thought of, and it really did have vague logical sense behind it.

Nadine now started to sense what he was feeling, she was bored, and for now she wasn’t going to say what her verdict was. She liked keeping him in the dark, his reaction was going to be funny, though for now she started her little play with him, she had done this once before, she wanted to sense if he was telling the truth, of course it was mostly guess work, she couldn’t read a mind, just the emotions, though emotions gave away a very good indication as to what a person is thinking, and therefore Nadine decided to use this if his emotion was Neutral or dark, then of course he was telling he truth, any other, vaguely happy emotion, usually meant he was lying, she turned her head to fully face Angel, taking a deep breath, then her eyes swirled pink, her pupils constricted and she shook slightly, all counter effects, she delved into his mind, simply searching for any form of emotion, she sensed several, which annoyed her, but she continued searching for the dominant one, normally people wouldn’t feel her searching through their mind, but she was trying hard, and although he probably wouldn’t feel anything, he certainly would be able to see her eyes turn Pink. This was when she waited to find that emotion, this was harder than usual, and Nadine didn’t like it. “Guessed my power yet?” She said with a sneer, stopping her secretive nature, her head tilted to the side yet again, but it was far more menacing, and almost threatening, her eyes remained pink and swirled, clouds in her eyes; she stood, glaring into Angel’s eyes, finding his emotions, seeking out his fears, and “Come on übergeben es Engel.” She said glaring deep into his eyes, “And yes I shall go to this institute place.” Another fake smile came across her face, but she was still glaring at him, her pink eyes swirling around the boy, seeping through the darkest pits of emotion. She was searching for fear, the one emotion that the person felt, but she couldn’t find it yet, no, it meant more searching, and she was getting weaker by the second it was a race against time, and Nadine didn’t forget she was the weaker of the two here, she had to watch herself. Her eyes slowly started to turn back to normal her breath becoming increasingly frequent, and Nadine then gasped pulled away and she covered her face with her wavy hair, secretly snarling at the boy, “Take me to this place then before I change my mind.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))   Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arguments on the Spiral Staircase ((Angel))
Page 1 of 1