X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) Empty
PostSubject: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Normally, when people thought of the pool, they get excited and all happy about going for a summer swim with someone. They would even excitedly head to the mall to buy the best bikinis and swimwear to show off whilst they paraded around half-naked under the sun. However, one mutant by the name of Lex Darcy wasn’t exactly fond of swimming. It wasn’t because he was afraid of drowning, though, or of water in general. Oddly enough, what he thought of whenever he had to go swimming is how he would be able to manipulate shadows and the darkness. Shadows and the darkness can also be manipulated underwater, but how they could be, Lex didn’t know for he had never tried. Would it be harder to manipulate them underwater? Or would it be just the same? For a few days, Lex wondered about this until he finally decided to give it a try. From his room, he shadow travelled to the pool and popped up from a nearby tree’s shadow. The pool looked really clean and nice, but Lex wasn’t bothered by those little things. He was here for business, not pleasure. After all, if he had wanted to have pleasure he could either read books or go kill evil people somewhere. But not right now. Right now, what Lex wanted is to be able to utilise his powers in all types of situations.

Strangely enough, there was no one at the pool yet except for (obviously) the lifeguard, but it was probably because it was already three in the afternoon. By that time, the other mutants may have found the sun useless for a tan, and they may have found other things to do as well. Lex smiled at the sight of the empty pool. He left his things on a chair before dipping the pool. The water felt cool, and surprisingly for Lex he felt like he could relax for a minute. Finally, when he felt like he had rested enough, he swam around underwater as he tried to create a ball of darkness. He managed to create one, but it was only small. The water must be slightly distracting to him because it was new environment, but with enough practise Lex felt like he could create and manipulate the darkness better. After almost a minute of doing so, Lex popped up from underwater to breathe. Slowly, he inhaled and exhaled as he leant against the pool wall. The small ball of darkness the size of tennis ball continued to swim around the pool, and Lex tried to lift it above the pool with his eyes. It took him a while, but eventually he had the ball hovering a few inches above the pool. His poker face said nothing of what he felt, but inside he was thrilled. He was getting better at controlling his powers.
Back to top Go down
Zoey Anderson

Zoey Anderson

Character sheet
Power: Strength and Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:07 pm

The sun was shining in the sky and the weather was quite hot but with a cool breeze to it. Zoey smiled as she stepped out into the sun and walked along the poolside. It was nearly the end of Zoey’s first day. So far she hadn’t made any friends but the time will come and she will make some soon enough. She hadn’t really attended any lessons because one teacher told her to take it easy today and start the work tomorrow so doing as she was told; Zoey had stayed in her dorm all day. She didn’t know if anyone shared a dorm with her because the other students were too busy in their lessons and whenever it was break or lunch, nobody had any need to actually go up to the dorms. So Zoey hadn’t really seen anyone. Although she had seen some weird looking girl who looked green until she changed colour, literally. Her skin had turned from green to red in a split second. Zoey had to look twice.

Zoey observed the poolside. The only people there was someone in the pool and the life guard who had to be there because well... he was a life guard. Zoey smiled at the man sitting on the high chair and he smiled back but something about him gave off a hot aura. It was like his body radiated with heat. Not worrying about it much, Zoey walked around the pool to sit on a deck chair and catch a few rays. She wasn’t one to sunbathe but she still likes to sit in the sun, even though she preferred winter herself. Maybe it was the fact you could do more in the winter than you can in summer but nevertheless, Zoey still liked the sun.

Whilst she closed her eyes and let the sun do the work, Zoey heard someone breathing very hard and it seemed to be coming from right near her. She opened her eyes suddenly and looked around. Soon her eyes trailed on a boy, maybe a year or two older than her, was breathing a bit hard. Obviously he had been swimming but he must’ve been under there a long time to be breathing that hard. He had what people call a poker face and it didn’t show any emotion at all. Zoey debated whether or not she wanted to talk to him. She didn’t know if he wanted to be left alone or whether he would talk but deciding it wouldn’t hurt to try, Zoey made her way to the boy with a smile. ”Hey there. Did you have a nice swim?” She asked and bent down a bit so she felt more comfortable talking to him. ”I’m Zoey, Zoey Anderson. May I ask who might you be?” She asked again, waiting for his answer.
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet
Power: Invisibility

PostSubject: Re: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

((Hey, is it okay if I join this??? I won't join unless both of you say it's okay, but I want to join this thread!!! I LOVE SWIMMING, although, I've never tried it RP style . . . ))
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:13 pm

((I'm fine with it, let's see what Zoey says though. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Zoey Anderson

Zoey Anderson

Character sheet
Power: Strength and Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 pm

((sorry for the late reply but it's fine drew))
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet
Power: Invisibility

PostSubject: Re: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:07 am

(Sorry, it's kinda short))

Drew was swimming in the pool, invisible. It must've looked weird to see a ton of ripples, and no one who was making them, but then again, this was a mutant school. No one really was there, there was a girl sitting on a lawn chair, a boy about her age, and a lifeguard, sitting on a chair. She also saw a girl she had never seen before, and she sorta had chameleon powers: she could change colours to blend in with stuff. Okay, that was an interesting power.

”I’m Zoey, Zoey Anderson. May I ask who might you be?” The girl sitting on the lawn chair asked. Drew suddenly became visible, thinking that the girl was talking talking to her.

"Umm. Hey. My name is Drew." Then Drew saw that Zoey had been talking to the boy. "Oh, sorry." Drew said, suddenly turning invisible again. She started swimming again. Why is it that I always have to say the stupidest things??? Drew thought

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)   All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Work And No Play... Surely It Must Be Stressful (Zoey)
Page 1 of 1