X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aiden Wilson

Aiden Wilson

Character sheet
Power: Time Travel

nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) Empty
PostSubject: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 am

Aiden walked through the grounds of the academy. He hadn’t been there for too long and was still getting a feel for the place. He still didn’t know too many people. He had gotten to know a few at the capture the flag game but still didn’t have any close friends. He and Vader were talking more often, but there was still a very prominent barrier between them that hadn’t been there before. Aiden felt quite bad for the way he had acted when he saw her again. He was angry that she didn’t remember him, but upon hearing later that her memory had been completely wiped, he felt slightly better. The way she had acted now made sense, but it saddened her even more. He tried his best to forget it all, but the thought kept recurring.

Aiden still felt quite hesitant to throw himself out there and make friends because the probability of him disappearing was great. He was afraid of going back to school period, but this school was supposed to help. They told him he would be able to learn how to use his powers. Aiden wasn’t expecting much, but he was hoping for being able to hold it off for a bit of time in a dire situation. He still had yet to go to a class since Charlie said they were giving him time to settle in. He found it quite unnecessary because he had very little things to unpack and way too much time to kill. He had debated going to training which was open, but all the kids incorporated their powers with training. He was decent with a blade of any sort, but his powers were somewhat useless. It made him feel like an outcast at times.

Aiden stepped inside and walked past the library. Sitting down and reading a good book did seem rather appealing at the time so he searched the school’s collection until he found one that he had read a year or so ago – The Maze Runner. Even though the author’s style of writing was not ideal, it was a great book and Aiden figured he wouldn’t mind reading it again. He checked the book out and carried it back outside. He scanned the grounds for a decent reading spot before heading over in the general direction of a large lake. He walked along the edge until he eyed a tree near the edge of the lake. It was elevated slightly over the lake and gave a nice view. He walked eagerly up to the tree and plopped down on the ground now excited to start his book. He leaned his back against the trunk of the tree which was much more comfortable than he had originally assumed and stretched out his legs. They were about a foot from the edge. He listened to the water lapping the sides of the small hill/cliff ((I honestly can’t remember the word at the moment)) before beginning the book.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/
Wren McKenna

Character sheet
Power: Phoenix Mimicry

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 am

Wren hadn’t taken long to find the library here. After going through her extensive, and well used, collection of maybe ten to twenty books, she knew she needed to find more reading material. The first day she’d walked into the room that housed the Institutes collection of books, her eyes lit up. Charlie had been right, this place was like a fairytale, it had everything. She’d spent hours that first day just scanning the shelves, reading title after title, making a mental list of the things she wanted to read. She’d only checked out one book that day, but she’d been back nearly every day since. Wren was a quick reader after all.

Today was no different. After waking up, Wren had looked over at her nightstand at the book she’d finished the evening before and crossed it off the running list she kept in her mind. She grinned to herself knowing that it meant another trip to the library. She got dressed in a rush deciding that once she’d picked her next book she’d take advantage of yet another gorgeous afternoon on the grounds. She couldn’t imagine why she heard so many people yearning to be qualified enough to leave the mansion grounds, Wren just couldn’t think of anything she’d want to leave for, but perhaps that would change with time. She walked into the calming silence of the library, dropping her current book off and moving toward the shelves to decide on her next read. It took a few minutes to finally decide but once she had, it was a quick trip out of the building and onto the grounds to find a quiet place to read.

Of course, that task didn’t take long to accomplish either. Pausing outside the door, Wren scanned the grounds, her eyes immediately falling on the glinting water of the lake in the afternoon sun. There was no question, that was where she’d be reading today. With a slight bounce in her step she made her way down toward the water’s edge. The whole way there, Wren could only mull over the fact that this place offered so many quiet, relaxing places to entertain one’s self. She wasn’t sure how she’d lived life before the Institute.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Wilson

Aiden Wilson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:58 pm

An hour or so had passed, Aiden couldn't tell because he was so absorbed in his book. He was nearing the middle and didn't notice a girl walking up until she was near the lake. He heard her rustling footsteps and boredly glanced back to see who ot was. 
Between her golden hair and flawless complection, Aiden's mouth was slightly agape. He closed it as soon as be realized it was open. He forced himself back to his book and was once again drawn into Tom's story. He didn't look back at the girl again until he heard some leaves on the ground crinkle. Now that his attention was no longer on the book, he found it hard to bring it back. He sighed and realized that now that he was no longer completely concentarted over the book, he was a bit peckish. The more he thought about it, the more his hunger grew. Deciding on grabbing some fruit quickly, he set his book down and stood up to stretch out.

He yawned and caught a glimpse of he girl again. She was reading on the water's edge just as he had been. He moved a little closer to the water to see it's vastness. However, just as he was about to turn back to the grounds, he heard a noise like a twig cracking right beneath him. He didn't even have time to wonder what it was before the ground beneath him gave. It took him off guard and he had no time to grab some stable ground. And so he fell. He and the grass covered ground fell only about a foot or two before cold water hit Aiden's skin. A wave of shock from the cold overcame him. His knees buckled and before he knew the whole back of his shirt was soaked. Embarrassed, he stood up. The water rose to the middle of his chest. The bottom was covered in at least 6 inches of mud. Aiden shook mud off of his hand as he waded over to some ground that was right on the bank. The farther he went, the closer he went to he girl. Aiden tried not to think about that. He had just made a complete fool of himself. "Well, he was embarrassing." He voiced aloud as he hauled himslef out of the water. He looked over the damage and realized how awkard he looked. His upper chest and face were completely dry, but his back and hair at the back of his neck was wet. His red button down shirt was a total of three different colours counting the mud. His jeans were soaked and his black converse were even darker with nice brown stains here and there. As he saw the girl looking in his direction, he thought, why couldn't I have a different power? .... Like flight?
Back to top Go down
Wren McKenna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Wren found the perfect sunny spot in no time. The light made the edges of the blades of grass look gold. She grinned to herself. Sitting down, she couldn’t help but notice the fact that the spot she’d chosen was just close enough to the water for her put her feet it. Definitely the perfect spot… she thought. Sitting down in the warm, soft grass, Wren took a moment to absorb the sunlight that was radiating down on her. She tilted her face up, her eyes closed feeling the warmth on her face. Wren had never felt more at home than she did here.

A moment of warming up in the sun, lifted her already soaring mood all that much more. With a bright smile, Wren lowered her head and reached for her chosen book. The spine gave a satisfying crack as she opened it and began reading. A few pages in, Wren caught some movement out of the corner of her eye and turned to see a boy sitting a little further down the edge of the water. Wren felt terrible that she’d not noticed him as she’d arrived at the lake, but she knew she tended to get tunnel vision when she found a pleasant place to spend time. She flashed him a friendly smile, feeling even more guilty that she couldn’t recall his name, all she knew was that he’d been a part of the capture the flag game as well.

She watched him for a moment before turning back to her reading. She could see him moving around out of the corner of her eye, but she was well absorbed. Of course, when you suddenly see someone fall and hear a splash, its not something most people can ignore. In the second that her peripheral vision caught him falling off the crumbling ledge beneath him, Wren was on her feet, her book tossed to the side. It was instinct the drove Wren’s feet to the waters edge to help the boy out. As she reached him, he was standing, assessing his condition, which didn’t appear to be more than wet, but Wren wanted to be sure.

“Are you alright?” she asked, her voice slightly frantic. Her eyes scanned over him quickly, trying to make sure she had no need to produce tears at this moment. She’d gladly do it, but that would require quite a bit of explaining she was sure. She reached a hand out to help him back onto dry land. “You kinda scared me a bit there…”she chuckled, hoping the light-heartedness was still appropriate. Wren heard him mumbled his embarrassment, and she smiled slightly. “I think you’re just a bit wet…that pesky ground…always moving…” she joked casually. “I’m Wren by the way…” she added, realizing her hand was still in the air for him and he probably had no idea who she was.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Wilson

Aiden Wilson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Aiden, still baffling in his stupidity, felt even worse when he saw the girl coming over. Aw man, that was so bloody embarrassing. She ran over and then asked if he was okay. Colour briefly flushed his cheeks before muttering, “yeah. I’m alright.” He paused for a second, then realized that she actually was trying to be nice and he had just waved her off. “But thanks. I appreciate it.”

“You kinda scared me a bit there… I think you’re just a bit wet…that pesky ground…always moving…”

Aiden nervously chuckled. He was still a bit shaken up. Having the ground fall out from underneath him was not exactly the best way to prevent heart attacks. “Yeah, it just caught be by surprise …that pesky ground.” He nodded in agreement. He then realized that he usually traveled when he freaked out. “That’s odd.” He muttered out loud without realizing it. He quickly waved it off however thinking that maybe it was just worse because he hadn’t seen Vader in a while.

“I’m Wren by the way…”

“Aiden,” he replied. “And thanks, again. Some people would have probably kept walking. That was nice of you …And sorry if I seemed a little …weird at first. I was just a little freaked out that’s all.” He lowered his head feeling slightly stupid. You already said that, he chastised himself. He looked up and saw the girl …Wren’s hand out. He took it and felt an odd warmth radiating from it. Soon, he felt that the warmth was ameliorating the chill that his wet clothes were absorbing. Out of habit said, “it’s nice to meet you.” He quickly pulled his hand away though. “Sorry, my hands have got to be cold.” Aiden kind of stood there for a second wondering what her power could be. He then decided to change the subject. “So… what are you reading?” While waiting for a reply, he started ringing out the bottom of his shirt. He turned and started kicking mud off his shoes thinking that maybe falling in wasn’t the worst thing in the world. Wren was actually really nice. She was pretty too especially, now that she was closer to him, but he tried not to think about that. There was no way he could actually make friends with someone if he was just staring at her the whole time.

((Sorry it took a while and is a little short. The swim season is about to end so we had meets and this is the first chance I’ve had to reply.))
Back to top Go down
Wren McKenna

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:47 am

Wren watched the boy carefully, watching for any sign of injury he might be hiding for pride or any other reason. However, her watchful eye was quickly appearing to be unnecessary. For a moment she thought she caught him mumble something that sounded like “That’s odd…” but she couldn’t be sure. Not to mention, the fact that he’d mumbled it meant that he probably would prefer her to not ask him to repeat himself, so instead Wren simply shrugged the murmur off.

She did feel her smile grow slightly as he replied to her introduction with his own name. Aiden. That was a nice name, one you didn’t hear particularly often anymore, but was due for a comeback. Thanking her, he reached out for her hand, and Wren gently tensed herself to help him up out of the lower depths of the lake. His hands were icy, and the instinct that drove her powers shrunk back at the icy touch.

His grip withdrew from hers after a moment as he mentioned something about his hands being too cold. She smiled. His thanks was filled with the sincerity she found so refreshing in people, most likely because of it rarity. “Well then I suppose it’s a good thing that someone else wasn’t walking by, can’t have you drowning…” she teased lightly, grinning at him. She understood acting a little odd when meeting someone new, and she explained he had no need to explain. She met his gaze, noticing questions growing in his eyes, questions she was sure didn’t include the one he actually voiced. As he asked what she was reading, Wren glanced back at her momentarily neglected book laying in the grass.

“It’s the first in a series…its called A Great and Terrible Beauty…” she said. “I haven’t actually gotten to start it yet, but it looked interesting when I saw it in the library so I added it to my reading list,” she chuckled. She watched him kick at the mud on his shoes, noticing that he was still steadily dripping. “Did you maybe want some help drying off?” she asked, concentrating heat into her hands if he did say yes.
Back to top Go down
Aiden Wilson

Aiden Wilson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Wren smiled in answer to his question and mentioned that she couldn’t have him drowning, Aiden smiled back. “No, that wouldn’t necessarily be the most brilliant part of my life would it?” His accent emphasized a few words making the sarcasm even more clear. Aiden looked back up at the girl. She was clearly kind and he was grateful for that. Falling into a lake was almost never the most fun thing to do, but of all days he was grateful he got to meet Wren and hoped to get to know her better in the future.

“It’s the first in a series…its called A Great and Terrible Beauty… I haven’t actually gotten to start it yet, but it looked interesting when I saw it in the library so I added it to my reading list.”

“I’ve heard of it but never read it. I hope you like it, I’ve heard that it’s actually quite good.” He nodded and briefly remembered his own book. It hadn’t fallen into the water with him right? It so it would be stuck in the mud or being taken away by the current by now. He scanned the waters briefly and let out a trace of air when he saw it next to the tree. Safe and sound …and dry. Dry was quite a good state for library books to be in.

The girl eyed him shake mud from his shoes, and as if drawing a conclusion in her head, she asked him if he would want a little help drying off. Aiden couldn’t help but wonder what her power was. Her hand had felt abnormally warm when he took it and now she was saying that she could dry him off …or that’s what it seemed like. To be honest, Aiden actually didn’t mind the cold, more the mud. It was much colder in London and although it wasn’t too hot here, the Americas were much hotter and in the heat, he actually felt good with damp clothes. But having dry clothes again did sound nice and mainly out of curiosity to what her power was, Aiden nodded his head. “Yes, that would be nice. Nothing beats being wet all day.” He held his thumb up using his awful habit of sarcasm again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))   nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nice day for an unexpected swim. ((Wren))
Page 1 of 1