X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to do, what to do, what to do?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet
Power: Invisibility

What to do, what to do, what to do? Empty
PostSubject: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 pm

The breeze was in her hair. The sand in her feet. The taste of smoothie in her mouth. Drew was in L.A. California. She heard seagulls overhead. She watched small little children making sand castles. She chuckled. It had been a long time since she had had fun like that. Oh no. Thought Drew. She turned invisible just in time, because two mean girls from school came over and passed right by her. Drew made sure they were out of sight before she became visible again. That was a mistake, because a little girl's dad saw her.

"Oi! What game are you playing at?" The father said to her. He had an Australian accent. Drew was in awe of his accent, but she suddenly shook off the awe when she saw the dude coming up to her.

"Do you need me to ask you again?" He asked. Drew held a finger up in a motion for him to wait a sec. She vanished.

Drew didn't give a lime that he was chasing her footprints, just was just running away. She ran up to the pier. Yay. Cement. Drew thought. She slowed down, but she was still going at a fast pace to get away from the daddy of the little girl. She was looking behind her, so she didn't realize that she ran into someone until she already had.

Drew returned to visibility and told them she was sorry, while avoiding their eyes. She started to get up, but then she stopped. She slowly turned on her heel.

"Hold on . . . you weren't even surprised when you saw me invisible and such . . . why???"

Last edited by Drew Whueber on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet
Power: Elemental (also has wings)

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:19 am

((If Charlie's fine with it, I cqall dibs on the pick up *nodnod*))
Back to top Go down
http://masquerade.forumfree.co.uk/
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 am

Ah, Los Angeles, the City of Angels. Angel couldn't help but chuckle at the irony of the city name, because for once, it was true. There was an Angel in LA, and he had wings like one. Unfortunately, as he was among regular humans, Angel had to keep his wings hidden. He was walking the streets, looking for a mutant that the telepaths at the Xavier Institute had managed to find. He had thought it would have been a lot longer before he reached the level needed to be able to go on a pick up mission, but hey... he wasn't going to complain. It had just been a shame that he'd had to get a plane here, but as he couldn't fly to LA from New York as fast as a plane without a stop, he had hasd no choice.

Unfortuantely, Angel hadn't had much luck yet in finding said mutant, and was down at the pier, thinking of where a teenage mutant could be in LA> There were a lot of places to hide, or maybe even blend in if you didn't look too different. Then again, it just made finding the mutant a bit more fun if you had to look around. He let out a sigh as he turned, ready to get back to the search.

As he walked along, he felt someone bump into him, but no one was there. Frowning for a second, he finally saw a girl just appear, as if out of thin air. He had hoped to bump into the mutant and not go back to the mansion a failure, but he hadn't meant literally bump into them. But hey, it was all good.

The girl had blonde hair that come down to her shoulders and hazel eyes, and there was a look of confusion on her face when she asked why he wasn't acting surprised that she'd just become visible after been invisible. Angel smiled and shrugged.

"Not much surprises me these days." He said, his English accent clear as always. "Especially where I come from. Y'see... you're not alone. I go to a school for mutants, which is the term for what we are. It's just us there, learning how to use all our powers and such. In fact, I've been sent here to find you and offer you a place there. You'll be fed, you'll get your own room, get to train and learn how to control your abilities... and make loads of new friends. The school is called the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning."
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

"The school is called Xavier Institute for Higher Learning." The dude said.

"Did you say Xavier Institute for Higher Learning?" Drew asked. "Because my uncle went there when he was my age. He has the same power as me. That's so weird . . ." Her voice trailed off. She wasn't really thinking about anything much, she was just daydreaming. She did that a lot; where she would be talking and then just lose her train of thought. It was from her ADD.

She was jerked back to reality when she saw the guy again. "Hey, I'll stay by you, I just gotta go." And she vanished.

Literally 3 seconds later that guy with the Australian accent came up asking the other "teenage mutant" if he had seen her. He started describing her. Well . . . let's just say Drew didn't like that, so she sorta punched the bloke in the face.

"Oi! There goes that girl again! I'm gonna get her." His nose was bleeding. Drew sorta hoped she broke it. A police officer came. Drew couldn't help but notice the tazer attached to his belt.

"Is there a problem, sir." The officer asked. The Australian guy nodded.

"Yes, officer. There is a girl somewhere around here who just punched me in the face. I didn't see where she went." The officer asked the bloke to describe her.

"Yes, well. She's got shoulder length blonde hair, hazel eyes, and muscles that are bigger than-" Drew didn't stay to hear the rest, she just ran. She grabbed the other 'mutant' and ran. She stopped in the guys rest room (she couldn't exactly bring the guy with her into the girls'.)

"Okay, I've got my car over about a block down. I think we can escape if we make it there. Just walk out calmly, you know, as if I weren't dragging you. Okay. Let's go!"

Last edited by Drew Whueber on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 pm

((Hey, I'm gonna change it to an Australian accent so it doesn't get all confusing, since you both have British accents right now . . . ))
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Angel raised his eyebrow when he heard that the girl's uncle had gone to the Institute, and that he had the same ability as she did. So... could that mean the abilities were hereditary? That the powers were passed down in the family? That would be... unusual. What if the child was the offspring of two mutants?

All of a sudden, she disappeared and some Australian guy came running up to him, asking if he'd seen a girl that he described to look like the girl. Angel was about to point him in the wrong direction, but the next thing he knew, the guy staggered back and blood started pouring from his nose. Angel mentally facepalmed. Things just had to get difficult, didn't they? And to make matters worse, a cop came along.

The next thing Angel knew, he was been dragged away at a fast pace, which must have made him look suspicious. They ended up in a guys loos, which Angel found a bit awkward. Still, at least no one was actually in there... The girl said they needed to get out of here, and she had a car a block away.

"Wait, wait, wait... calm down a minute, lass. I can't just walk out there with cops that will no doubt be looking for me, thanks to that trick of yours. You'll have to drive when we do get there, cos I don't know how to, unfortunately." Angel said. Was this girl ADD or something? She definitely seemed that way. Joy... a hyper mutant. "Let's give it a couple of minutes before we go anywhere. And seeing as I haven't introduced myself yet, the name's Angel. I have wings so I can fly, and I can control the elements. Now, if I'm going to be traveliing to New York with you, I'd quite like to know your name."

Normally, Angel wasn't this confident, but in a case like this, where this girl was his responsibility, he had to be. And he had to admit, it was a nice feeling. Just to have confidence and be able to speak... He could get used to that. A few more pick up missions, and he'd be sorted.
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:02 pm

((Sorry, it's short.))

"Wait . . . you can fly??? Why didn't you tell me that!?! I mean, I guess I can call my dad to . . . " She had been so stupid! Of course he can fly! I mean, what other 16 year old can't?

"Oh, my name's Drew. I'm seventeen. So, two things. First thing is-" she became visible, for she had been invisible this whole time. "I can call my dad so he can pick up my car. And the second thing is that, if I summon up enough power, you could hold me while flying, and I can make us both invisible. You see, if I'm touching someone while I'm invisible and I summon up enough power, they can go invisible, too."

She didn't wait for him to answer, she just started dialing her dad's number.

"Hey dad! So . . . I'm at my friends house, and they're giving me a ride home, so could you bring my car home? Kay, thanks, bye!!!"

"Okay, my dad's gonna bring my car home. So, should we go???" Drew felt like she had cut him off, so she stopped talking.
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:37 am

"Yes, I can fly. And I just did tell you that. You didn't exactly give me the oppurtunity to before." Angel pointed out. The girl introduced herself as Drew, and told him she was seventeen. As she talked, she finally became visible again. That was good - Angel didn't like to think he was talking to thin air... he didn't want to think he was going crazy. "Ok, call away."

Angel stood around as Dreew phoned her dad up to come pick her car up for her. Been the nosy person he was, he ended up listening in, surprised to find she was lying to her dad about what was going on. She could have told him the truth... He knew about her ability, after all, right?

"Yeah, we'll go. You didn't need to lie to your dad, you know... You should have let him know you're going to the school. They'll worry about you." Or so Angel thought. That's what families did when one of their members went missing, right? Angel wouldn't know - he'd never had a family. But it made sense. "If it takes that much power... just see if you can make us invisible when we take off and land. My clothes'll go invisible too, right? Cos if not, I am not stripping off. I don't think they let naked people on planes. Speaking of which..." Angel looked up at the clock in the toilet. It was lucky there was one, because Angel didn't have a watch yet. He'd definitely be getting one soon. "We have an hour to get to the airport and board our plane."
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 am

((It's EXTREMELY short, sorry, I'm in a hurry.))

"Okay, well my parents don't know about my power. The only people who know are my uncle, my BEST friend ever, and now you. I mean, I could call my uncle and ask him to tell them, but I'd have to stop by the house to get my stuff, anyway. Well . . . let's put it this way. Either I stop by my house, tell them that I have to transfer schools right now, get my clothes, and leave. Or I could just ask Uncle Parlow to tell them (he's VERY persuasive) and I get my stuff, and leave. Either way, I have to stop by the house, but I'd rather if my uncle told them the news." Drew was out of breath. She stopped to catch some breath.

"Oh, and I don't think that your clothes will go invisible. I mean, when we stop by my house, you can use some of my uncle's, because he makes them so that they go invisible with you, but I don't know . . . " Drew was surprised that she had stayed focused this whole time.
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 am

"Ok, get your Uncle to tell them." Angel said, nodding as he thought of what to say. "As for your stuff, unless it's something massively important and sentimental to you, then I'm afraid you might have to leave it behind. You get clothes and food and stuff provided at the Institute anyway, and if you like reading, they have a massive library. The food's good, too. Oh, and we have a gyn, a swimming pool, a lake, we've got some woods... Basically, the school has everything you'll need."

Hmm... this pick up thing was more difficult than you'd think. You had to know how long you had to get to the airport and catch your plane, you had to talk the mutant into coming with you, and sometimes you had to convince them not to get their stuff or say goodbye... And that last bit was probably the hardest. It hadn't been for Angel, because he'd had no one to say goodbye to, or anything to bring with him. He'd been on his own on the streets for three years, so it wasn't like he had anything. He let out a sigh as the thought of Drew not been able to say goodbye to her family.

"How far from here do you live? Because we need to go soon."
Back to top Go down
Drew Whueber

Drew Whueber

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:44 pm

((Oh, sorry. I thought I replied to this but then I remembered the power went out right before I sent it. 0.o))

"Umm. Well, my house is about a mile or so away. I really need those clothes though, because I can't go invisible without them. You see, my uncle custom makes them for me, because, you can't find many invisibility clothes at Abercrombie and Fitch." Drew started to chuckle at her own joke. Then she forgot about it.

"Okay, so could we pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee go back to my house???? I mean, if you want, I could even get my uncle to mail me some, but at least one pair???????"

Drew started to put her puppy dog face on, but realized that if anything, that wouldn't help.

"Okay, well just to let you know . . . even if you say no, I'm still going back." Drew knew perfectly well that she wouldn't, but Angel didn't, and this would just move his answer closer to the positive side.

"I mean to say, Angel. Well, I don't even know much about where you want me to go to school other than it's a school for mutants learning to control their power, and that my uncle went there. I mean, wouldn't that make you mad???"

Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:28 pm

"A mile away? Well, it'll be easy to get there then..." Angel said. He chuckled a little at Drew's joke, though he understood it. He didn't know if his clothes would burn if his fire caught them, cos he knew they wern't exactly fireproof. He let out asigh as Drew said that she'd go even if he said no. "I'm not going to say no. You have family to say goodbye to. And like you said, you need to pick up some of your specially made clothes."

The puppy dog face didn't phase Angel in the slightest, but he knew that Drew couldn't go without saying goodbye to her family. If he'd had one, he'd have wanted to as well. "You can grab a couple of pairs. Just as much as you need though, cos lie you said, you can always get your Uncle to mail you some. Or heck... he could bring them to the school himself. I don't think there's any rules saying family isn't allowd there to visit. And as for your question...." Angel trailed off here, wondering how to say this. He decided to just be blunt and come out with it.

"Honestly, I don't know. When I got picked up, I'd been living on the streets for three years, so as far as I saw it, I was getting a home, an education, food, clothes and a bed to sleep in. And the chance to make some friends. That mademy mind up for me. Before I found ou about this school, I'd always thought I was alone. I had no family, no friends. It was a fresh start for me, and a chancve to get somewhere. If you'd been in my shoes, I'm sure you'd have thought the same. But just so you know, the school is in New York... Salem, I think. And like I said, it's more than just a school. It's a place where you'll fit in, be accepted. Whre you can learn not just to control your abilities, but also everyday school stuff. And it has loads of stuff there, too. The grounds are massive, we have woods, a gym, a swimming pool, a massive dining hall.... anything that could be needed is there. And it won't cost you a penny."

That bit was true enough, but after talking to Lex and Alex, Angel wondered what it would cost... would the school want anything back from them? Angel would be quite happy to give them what they wanted, within reason. The fighting bad guys might have soudned exciting to some people, but Angel wondered what the school's view of bad was... But he guessed he'd find out in time.

"Right, if we're off, you might as well hop onto my feet. I'll keep hold of you, and we'll go. You'll have to direct me, but we'll get there quicker than walking or driving would. After all, when you fly, you don't need to follow roads."

((Haha, no worries. My muse is still kinda dead, so sorry if the reply is a bit crappy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do, what to do, what to do?   What to do, what to do, what to do? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do, what to do, what to do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Men The next generation :: Rest of the world! :: L.A-
Jump to: