X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So... this is my new home?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet
Power: Elemental (also has wings)

So... this is my new home? Empty
PostSubject: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Angel looked up at the Institute in wonder as he arrived. Charlie had told him a bit about it on the plane there, before Angel had fallen asleep... But he never imagined anything as grand as this.

Bloody hell... He thought, as they drove up the driveway. He looked around at the grounds, marvelling at how large they were. He saw some woods over in one direction, and a lake in the other. The house itself was absolutely massive. House was, of course, the wrong word. It was a mansion, yes... but it was so much more than that. To Angel, this was going to be his home. His school as well, yes, but mainly... his home. The first one he had had in his life. After all, an orphanage couldn't really be called home, could it? And now, he was finally among others like him... which meant, he hoped, that he could keep his wings out. It was uncomfortable keeping them tucked up tight against his back under his t-shirt all day.

Stepping out of the car, Angel walked in through the front door and looked around at the splendid entrance hall. It took his breath away... to say he had never imagined having a normal place to live, this mansion just... Well, it was blind blowing! So not only did Angel have to get used to living with other people, and get used to the people themselves, but he had to get used to living in a bloody big mansion! Well, this was going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://masquerade.forumfree.co.uk/
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:40 am

The brooding mutant was exhausted. Before he found himself in New York, Lex had been using his powers under direct sunlight. Now that he was finally at the Institute, Lex found the effects slowly creeping up on him. He kept seeing beds around him and no light to go with that. You’re almost there, he told himself. There’s no time for display of vulnerability. And with those thoughts, Lex walked on without a trace of weariness on his face and his body. His strides were quick and light and his hand never left his pocket. His blue eyes watched everything around him with caution and curiosity.

In Los Angeles, the old woman had repeatedly talked about how beautiful the Institute was, and with one look at his surroundings he could immediately confirm the old woman’s positive commentaries. The place was huge, and yet one would easily be able to feel comfortable in it. He had been dubious at first, but now he really could see why the old woman liked the place so much. Even his typically melancholy view of the world was changed for a bit as he scanned his surroundings. It felt so good to be here. It almost felt like… home.

The idea made Lex pause. Should he call this place his home now? After all, he would be living here from now on. Lex shuddered at the thought of finally belonging to a place. It felt like a horrible drama film to him, and he did not like that. I’m here for training, Lex reminded himself. And not for ridiculous concepts like finding friends and a new family. As he paused to observe everything, the big oak door opened behind him. He saw a blonde guy enter and look around the entry way. Must be new as well, like me, Lex observed. For a moment, he decided not to say anything, but he noticed something odd at the back of the blonde guy. However, he decided not to ask. He was not the type to start conversations, and doing that now would feel so… forced. Out of politeness, he just decided to greet the guy. “Good evening,” he said with his typical expressionless face.
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:03 am

Angel turned around as he was greeted. He saw a boy who looked to be his own age, just a little taller than Angel was himself. He was pale, with dark hair and blue eyes. For some reason, Angel wondered if this lad could be a vampire - after all, with other mutants around, there was always the chance that one of them could be one, right? But he didn't seem to have any fangs, and Angel put the silly thought out of his head. Another thing he also noticed was that the boy had a thick French accent.

"Good evening to you as well." He replied. Angel couldn't help but feel a bit awkward... he wasn't the best around people. At least, not until he got used to them. But he didn't want an awkward silence either, and this guy seemed like he wasn't really one to keep a conversation going. "Marvelous place, isn't it? I can hardly believe that I'll be staying here.."

Angel was still reeling from the sight of the institute. He'd never been in such a big place before - the ceiling in the main hall was so high up, Angel could fly up to it. If the rest of the place was like this, then Angel was going to be a very happy mutant.

"Oh! The name's Angel, by the way. Angel Smith. Pleased to meet you." He said, offering his hand to be shook.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 am

One thing Lex immediately noticed about the blonde guy when he spoke is that he had a British accent. It was starting to be quite amusing how he was meeting a lot of British people in America. Lex did not mind, though. After all, it was better than them being French, or worse, a Parisian, for Lex did not want to risk being whisked away back to Paris with handcuffs and no future. As he looked closely at the guy, Lex noticed how he had a golden ring around his pupils. Lex could “sense” optimism from his eyes, and he almost shook his head at that. He had just met one particularly “sunny” guy today, and now this one is probably a “sunny” guy, as well. And as the blonde guy spoke of how marvellous the place was, Lex’s thoughts were proven right.

The guy who introduced himself as Angel extended his hand, and Lex shook it. “Lex Darcy. Pleased to meet you as well,” said Lex politely. “And yes, I think so, too. It is indeed quite surprising—I had been dubious about my former host’s incessant… comments about the place.” At an uncharacteristic attempt to actually seem quite sociable, Lex added, “With the extent of this place, one might get lost if he is not careful.”

Inwardly, Lex was shaking his head at himself. What was he doing, entering a conversation with a random stranger? If one could mentally shudder, he would have already done so. However, he had already gotten himself into it, so he might as well remain sociable… for the moment. He still wondered about what was on Angel’s back, but he felt it would be rather impolite if he asked about it. Instead, he asked, “If I may ask, how long have you known about this place?”
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:45 am

Another thing that Angel noticed about the lad - who introduced himself as Lex - was that he seemed to talk quite posh. It was amusing, in a way. Angel didn't think anyone even talked like that anymore. Not even royalty... or so he thought. He wasn't too sure on that one. He also noticed that Lex seemed to be quite stiff, in a way. His face was expressionless, and Angel found himself admiring the guy's hold of himself, but also wondering what had happened to make him like that. Eh... He'd best not ask. It would be a rude thing to do.

"I've got to agree with you there... You know, I've never really seen an estate of this size before. It feels a bit weird that this place is going to be my school, and where I'm going to be living. It's a weird thing to be able to call a place home..." He said. Lex then asked him how long he'd known about this place. Angel bit his lip as he thought. "Well... it's evening here now, so I guess I could say earlier today. But as I was in England when I found out, I guess I could also say that it was yesterday. How long have you known about it?"

Looking at Lex, Angel wondered what his abilities were. Of course, looking didn't help unless it was a physical manifestation, like his wings. Speaking of which... Angel sw no reason to hide his wings now, here at a school for mutants. Letting out a relieved breath, Angel let his wings out of the slits in his t-shirt, spreading them and flapping a couple of times to let them breath. After that, he folded them, but kept them out. It felt great to finally be able to keep his wings out.

"If you don't mind me asking... what abilities do you have? Obviously, I can fly, but I also havbe control of the elements." There was no need to beat about the bush, and Angel decided he might as well ask now to get it out of the way instead of letting the curiosity continue to grow. Besides, one of them would have ended up asking anyways. He'd noticed Lex looking at his back when he'd had his wings tucked in, no doubt wondering what it was that was attached to his back.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 am

For a second, Lex lost composure due to his surprise. He had thought the lump in Angel’s back had been some sort of physical illness, but now that he could see it Lex could not believe his eyes. As a mutant, he should not have been so surprised, but winged humans—or at least humans with a different sort of genes—was something new to him. The look of surprise did not linger on his face, though. He managed to regain his composure and signature “poker face” after a few seconds. He did his best not to stare as well so as not to be rude. So that’s what it was, he thought as his eyes flickered from the wings to Angel.

Once he got over the surprise, Lex remembered what Angel had said he let his wings out. He had said something about the size of the mansion, and how it was weird for him to live in his school. “I have never gone to a boarding school or something of the sort either,” said Lex, “So I suppose… yes, it does feel strange. And as for this place being a home…” Lex’s voice drifted as he took another look at his surroundings. “People like me… I call no place home.” For a moment, Lex’s eyes seemed to flash with suppressed anger. Home had left his mouth tasting like rust. He hated how human beings had ruined forever what was supposed to be home for him. He will never think of France the same way again. To him, France is nothing but bitter memory. People who call Paris the city of love are idiots, Lex thought.

Whilst he had been speaking, Lex had started to manipulate the shadows behind Angel. He was still exhausted from his travel, so he could only do what he would call a minor manipulation. “Well… If you want to know what abilities I have, look behind you.” Behind Angel, some parts of the shadows had been assembled into a small ball. It hovered a few feet above the ground, and Lex approached it to pick it up. “This is what I do,” Lex said. “Darkness manipulation. It is not very powerful, but it is indeed helpful.” As he talked, Lex decided to make his power sound weak. He knew that it was nothing of the sort, but his cunning mind did not think highly of announcing to the world the extent of his powers.
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:38 am

Angel let a small smile onto his face as he saw the look of surprise cross Lex's. He guessed that would be people's usual reaction to his wings, though he didn't get them out much in front of other people, especially not humans. He didn't want to end up plastered all over the internet or the news. He'd hate to have people he didn't even know recognise him, especially if he was trying to fit in. Not like that would ever happen though - he was different, and he knew it. And here he was now, in a school where other people like him were. Andhe'd still be different, but so would every other person in the school.

Lex quickly gathered himself together, his face expresionless again. Angel got the feeling that he was quite a cold person... and if he was like that, it probably meant something awful had happened to him earlier in life. Then again... maybe if that was it, Lex was just dealing with his issues in the wrong way. But that was none of Angel's business, so he wouldn't pry.

"Yeah, it is strange... the closest I've come to something liek a boarding school was when I was tutored at the orphanage... And I've never called a place home in my life, either. In fact, I've never had one. I've been on the streets for the past three years, and before that, I was been passed from orphanage to orphanage. None of them wanted a freak like me in them." Angel said with a shrug. He wasn't too fussed about it. He wasn't really one to dwell on the past, though there were times when he wished his mother had survived giving birth, so he'd have known what it was like to have a family.

Angel looked behind him as Lex asked him to. He'd feel a fool if there was nothing there, but what reason would Lex have to do something like that? As he turned, he saw a ball of shadow hovering in the air. Darkness manipulation, Lex called it. He said it wasn't very powerful, but for some reason, Angel doubted that. He didn't think there were any abilities that weren't powerful... it was just a matter of practise and circumstance.

"I don't doubt it's helpful at times. But I think it is quite powerful - it'll just be a matter of how you use it. And practise, of course, to get it's strength up." Angel said. "I mean, I'm not that powerful yet with the elemental abilities... I think the most powerful thing I did was heal a tree when it was a little bit damaged. But that's because I don't really use my earth ability much. I prefer to play with fire."

As Angel said this, he let a flame grow in the palm of his hand, and held it up for Lex to see. It seemed to dance there, before Angel closed his hand and put it out.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:13 am

Lex was starting to feel odd. Angel was so different from him, and yet for some reason he felt like he could relate. Normally he did not empathise or even just sympathise with people, but when Angel spoke of his experiences, Lex started to feel like he wanted to talk about his past as well. But as these thoughts hovered in his mind, Lex mentally waved them away like unwanted insects. To share his past with Angel would be ridiculous, especially since sharing his past would be almost similar to revealing his identity. He was a cold and calculating fugitive now, and his traits should remain so.

He was also curious how those people at the orphanages treated Angel. They didn’t want him, so they must have been cruel to him. Angel’s wings were supposed to be a blessing, and yet it must have felt like a curse to him at some point. In a way, Lex could see himself in Angel. No one had wanted a freak like him, particularly one whose appearance becomes frightening when he gets furious. Lex’s parents even made him go to different schools, but it always had the same outcome in the end. He would get bullied, and by the end of the day he’d be hiding somewhere no one would be able to see him.

When Angel turned to look at the ball of shadow Lex had manipulated, he expressed his doubt about Lex’s abilities not being powerful. Lex didn’t answer for fear of revealing how he had actually managed to practise using his powers during his escape from France. If it weren’t for his abilities, Lex would probably still be stuck in France by now. His family wasn’t extremely affluent, and he did not have a lot of money himself. Angel proceeded to talk about his abilities, and as he did so he generated a ball of flame with his hand.

Lex was not fond of anything related to light or warmth, but he decided not to say it. Instead, he simply said, “You do seem to have practised a lot with fire.” Lex paused for a moment as he took in Angel’s abilities. “You seem to be extremely powerful,” he remarked. “It is fortunate you have not yet been discovered by those who seek world domination. They would have found you extremely useful. After all, exploitation is probably one of their strongest suits.” Lex slightly winced in distaste as he thought of those who were probably plotting world domination at the moment. Oh, how he’d love to envelop them in eternal darkness.

Whilst he thought of evil tyrants, Lex started to walk around the place as if to inspect everything. His hands were inside his pockets again, but this time his stance was not as stony. “Truth be told, I could not care less about finding a place where people like me existed. However, this has proven to be quite… interesting. I could even live with the thought of having a roommate.” With a thoughtful expression on his face, he turned back to Angel. He had neglected to answer one of his questions, and it had just come back to his mind. “I’ve known about this place for a long time,” he said. “Maybe even months ago. But I was too weak to look for it, and I had wondered whether this was all a conspiracy. But it doesn’t seem to be one, and I’m starting to be quite happy with my decision.” Lex tried not to smile as he remembered how he had half-expected cameras to appear. He had thought he was being drugged and featured on a “reality television show” the Americans seemed to love so much. “What do you think? And what did you initially think of this place before you got here?”
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 am

Angel shrugged as Lex said he must have practised a lot with fire.

"Well, living on the streets, you don't have much else to do. And the sooner I learn to control them fully, the better. I just need to be able to control my emotions as well... if I lose control of my emotions, I can lose control of my abilities, and then people can egt hurt... It's happened before." Angel said, a look of guilt on his face. He hated how he'd ended up hurting random strangers on the street by accident. They'd done nothing to him, except ask if he was ok, and he just wanted to be left alone. The next thing he knew, a massive blast of air had come off of him and knocked everyone away. Angel hadn't stayed around long enough to see if they were hurt, or how badly they were - he just took off flying. He was just glad that it had been air and not fire... "So I wouldn't really be much use to a corporaion hell bent on world domination. Besides, I've not got anything to lose apart from my wings and life, so they couldn't really threaten me. I guess that's one of the onlky good things about not having family or friends... They can't use anyone against me."

Lex seemed to relax a little as he walked, looking around.

"I'm glad I found somewhere where others like me exist... It means I can have the chance to be myself. And it's a pain keeping my wings tucked in all day, everyday. I highly doubt things will be too boring here... a place like this filled with teenage mutants? It's going to be amusing, to say the least. As for roommates... I hadn't thought about that." Angel said, pulling a bit of a face. He preferred to be on his own. He needed to get used to someone first before he could really let himself out of his shell, and then make friends with them before he even thought of having them as a roommate. He listened as Lex told him about when he found out about the school, kind of seeing where he was coming from. Angel knew he was happy with his decision to come here. Very happy indeed, if only because it meant he could get food and a decent place to sleep. "I think the school's got a lot going for it... but how do we know the government won't try to find us and either recruit or kill us? That'#s the only thing troubling me. Because it's the way humans are... if they don't understand something, they fear it. If they fear it, they try to either capture or destroy it. It's a shame they're like that, really. But I wasn't thinking of that when I first found out about the school yesterday. All I thought was that I'd be gettting food, getting a bed to sleep in and learning to use my abilities around other people that are the same as me. In other words, it sounded like a dream come true. But I'll have to see what it's really like in the days to come."
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:32 pm

When Angel talked of the upside of not having family or friends, Lex could not help but nod. He agreed with this sentiment, and it was the reason he never allowed anyone to become too close to him. Having friends or family as a mutant was highly dangerous, for it rendered one more vulnerable to his enemies… and for Lex, friends and family could be somewhat of a nuisance too. If his help were to be needed in a situation, he could imagine his mother blocking the doorway just so he would not risk his life. He could almost even hear his father trying to reason out with him. Lex shut his eyes for a moment to clear his mind and to make the mental images disappear. His only family and friend was his own shadow, and sad as it may seem he was actually fine with that.

Angel spoke of the pains of having to hide his wings, and Lex could see that. He was actually wondering how Angel had escape from the sight of ringmasters who sought new roadside attractions every day. Angel would have been something of a winning lottery ticket for those ringmasters. But then again, Angel would probably be a winning lottery ticket to anyone who finds a way to exploit his oddity. After all, how could you explain wings to normal human beings? It would forever remain a mystery to them, and they would probably pay billions to be able to study Angel’s genetic composition. Lex was somewhat saddened at the thought. He had thought he had the world’s worst problems until Angel came along.

The winged mutant expressed his fears of being recruited or killed by the government, and it brought back to Lex’s mind what he had said to Sorin earlier that day at Los Angeles. He hated to think of it now, but he knew it was a possibility. The thought of being exploited by anyone deeply angered him, and his eyes appeared to get darker. “Then we must train hard,” Lex answered a bit too harshly. He hadn’t meant to sound so harsh, and so he toned it down a bit. “We must train hard to be prepared for what is to come. If they do come to get us, I would die before they could have their hands on me. I would rather die than do their filthy work.” As he spoke, traces of icy hatred seemed to come with his words. He had gotten slightly paler, and in front of him the shadows were moving around in chaos. Realising how he had been too worked up, Lex tried to calm himself down. One more attempt at darkness manipulation and he could faint.

The dark-haired shadow manipulator would have apologised for the sudden anger he felt, but apologising was not Lex’s strongest suit. “I had been asking the same question since Sorin approached me,” Lex said. He brushed his hand through his hair as he spoke, and his cold and reserved posture was back. “Things like these… they are ‘too good to be true’. And no gift comes without a price. They provide us with food, shelter and even education. Those things are not inexpensive. We would most likely have to pay them back,” Lex mused. “But how they would ask us to do so, I have no idea. I do hope it is not for wicked purposes, but so many human beings have an unquenchable thirst for power.”

Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:26 am

Angel was quite surprised at the harsh tone in Lex's voice when he said that they must train hard. Lex also seemed to notice he'd been a bit over the top with the harshness, and toned his voice back down to his neutral way of been, though as he carried on talking, Angel could hear what he could only guess as hate behind the mutant's words. He also noticed that Lex got paler, his eyes slightly darker... and the shadows were going crazy around them. Lex seemed to notice this as well, and the next thing Angel knew, the cold and calm demeanor was back. Angel was coming to realise that that was the way Lex just was. A cold, reserved person. And if the shadows got crazy when Lex lost control of his emotions, Angel kind of understood why. He wanted some control over his own emotions, but he doubted he could ever be as cold as Lex was - it just wasn't in Angel's nature. He might be shy and awkward, but he wasn't cold. Again, he wondered what had happened to Lex to make him like that.

"You and me both, Lex... But I'd do my best to make sure they couldn't get their hands on my body to study it. I don't know how high up I can fly, but I guess if that happened, I'd find out. I doubt they'd be able to get my body if it was in space. And they'll never get me in a lab while I have life left in my body." Angel said, a slight shudder going through him, a cold shiver going down his spine. He had a subconscious fear of labs, no doubt it was something to do with him been a mutant.

"That's true enough." He replied as Lex mentioned about having to pay them back. "And depending on what it is I have to do, I'd be quite happy to do so. But you seem to forget something - we're not humans, and this school is run by mutants. It was founded by one, and all the 'teachers' are mutants as well. But I guess it doesn't matter what you are... if you have conscious thought and value material things, money can corrupt anyone. And the same goes for power... and sometimes, with ultimate power, comes ultimate corruption. I just hope we're not here to be some kind of army. Bcause if we are, then I'm out of here. I have no quarrel with anyone and don't want to fight someone who isn't threatening me personally. There's no point in it, no sense."
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:35 am

As Lex studied Angel whilst he talked, Lex could sense a bit of fear creep up on Angel has he talked about laboratories and how he would never give himself up to them. Truth be told, Lex had the same fear. He did his best to avoid having close relationships with people so as to avoid having those sorts of groups gain something they could use against him. So far, Lex thought he had been doing a good job at it, and he did not plan to fail at it. Besides, the thought of having close relationships seemed revolting to him. How people could stand to care so much about someone was beyond him, because in the end things always go wrong.

As for what Angel had said about him forgetting how they are mutants, Lex felt the need to contradict, but he did not do so. It was probably because Lex was still not used to the term “mutants”. In school, mutants had always meant something pitiable and abnormal, like those born with deformed bodies and brains. However, it was probably what they really were. In a way, mutants like him were pitiable and abnormal. They had powers normal human beings could only think of, and yet in so many ways they could be taken advantage of due to this. People saw them as objects to be used for their purposes. There was also this saying that goes, “With great power comes responsibility,” so if anything goes wrong because of them it would be their burden and not anyone else’s.

These thoughts made Lex feel extremely disappointed at the world. Often times he wondered why he has been born, and if he would have been better off as a tree or an animal. There were just so many problems to be faced when you’re of the homo sapiens species (except he came with superpowers and genetic mutations) and it only kept growing bigger as he grew older. “But you can’t ignore the possibility of us being trained for an army,” said Lex. “And I doubt I would still live as a normal person if I come out of this school alive. No one would take 'freaks' like us. Even when they did not know of our powers, they could sense it. You’ve experienced it. All of us here have probably experienced it at some point, though its impact on our lives may differ.” A tinge of bitterness mixed with Lex’s words, but he kept his calm composure as he spoke.

“So, if I may ask,” Lex continued as he looked at Angel with a cool but curious expression, “What do you think will happen?” He brushed his hand through his hair as he spoke before putting it back inside his pocket. “I would be glad to hear your theories,” Lex added with an enigmatic smile. He had theories himself, but he wanted to hear Angel’s to see if his deductions about the Institute had been correct. Maybe Angel could give him something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Alex Radke

Alex Radke

Character sheet
Power: Ice

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:47 am

Alex walked up to the mansion and whistled, it was huge! He had never seen a house that big! Well apart from TV, that was. "So this a place for people like me.... mutants?" He was on his own right now. His escort ( as Charlie called it) had left to go attended to something. Alex had a small track/running bag with him, filled with the small number of things he owned, and a snowboard on his back. Yes the boy with ice powers, had a snowboard. Many of his friends in Cirque du Soliell, it was pretty much a show of 'mutants'. "I am so not used to that word." He hadn't even thought of using that team for people like himself. Alex wore his circus t-shirt and a jacket that was zipped up half way, along with jeans. Yes in the middle of summer he did wear this, no matter how warm or hot it was Alex always had this bitter cold feeling in his bones. But he liked the feeling, it reminded him of what he was... who he was. His Ipod earbuds were strung under his shirt, and were blasting music into his ears. "Not the american average" by Asking Alexandra, they were a really good scremo band. Alex did really feel like going inside yet, he leaned against the door and just looked at the sky. Flipping though his playlist until he got to 'Second and sebring' by Of Mice and Men.

Smiling he closed his eyes and just got lost in thought. One day will I be able to go out in public and not be afraid of hurting someone, or being hated? I know that day is no where near, but I can only hope for a brighter future. Where mothers didn't rip there children away from mutants scared they would hurt the child when really there just having fun! Why do people have to fear me, why did I have to be born this way. Why? Why! Why! Alex opened his eyes, his 'breath' visible, his breath mixed with frost making it visible. Shaking his head, he collected his stuff and walked inside his new home.

As he walked in he saw two people, both about his height just a bit taller and both very very pale. For whatever reason his hand went to the zipper of his jacket and zipped it up so you could no longer see 'Cirque du Soliell'. He wasn't sure why but, maybe saying he came from a circus of mutants wasn't the best ice breaker. Alex was used to being around other mutants, heck one girl back from the circus had a tail and snakes tongue. So when he saw the wings he just smiled. The two seemed to be in a deep conversation, Alex closed the door and let them finish. "It seems i'm in the right place than." He said this as he nodded to the boy with weird feathery humps on his back. He than looked over at the other guy, from what Alex could tell he had no physical mutation only a invisible one. He really didn't know where to do, and knew asking those two would help much. The darker looking one, didn't give off a very nice vibe if asked where to go he most likely point to the front door. The other boy, with the weird white things on his back he didn't seem as dark as the first but Alex wasn't sure if he'd be willing to help out Alex.

Taking one earbud out, he looked around him this place was huge. Still fly, by Devil Wears Prada was playing. It was good, but he had never known what the lyrics were and when he looked them up he was confused, they were nothing like what he had thought. Alex wondered what they had been talking about, he wasn't one to snoop or ease drop he was just curious because whatever it had been must have been important. Or maybe personal? Alex wasn't sure what was going to happen, and the silence was very annoying. Some say silence is golden, i'd like to disagree. "I heard that this was a safe place for mutants?" He let the question hang, sure Charlie told him all about it and he trusted her. Just he wanted to make sure, and these two seemed like they'd speak there mind about what they really thought...... well that or throw and insult. He wasn't to sure yet. Alex just listened to his music and waited.
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 am

"No, there's always going to be that possibility. But you could look at it as them training us to survive. Though I've managed to do quite well there for three years. The big thing for me was been able to come here and learn to get a full control of my abilities. I want to be the best I can be, find out what else I can do." Angel said, thinking his words over. He noticed the bitterness in Lex's voice as he said that even if they came out of this alive, they still wouldn't be accepted anywhere. Angel let out a small snort at the comment. "You've got a much higher chance of been accepted somewhere than I do. I mean, you don't look much different from a human at all. But I... I have wings! I'm not going to be able to go into anything. I get the feeling once I leave here, I'll just be on my own again for the rest of my life. At least with you, people would probably only think you're a bit weird... no offense. I'd be happy if that was all people thought of me. But with these wings on my back, I'll always be labeled as a freak. Though I guess I could have a laugh by going around churches... what a way to make people believe!"

Angel let out a small laugh at the thought, though he quickly sobered up. To be blunt, it plain sucked that this was really the only place in the world where he'd be able to fit in - a place filled with other mutants. Some people didn't realise how lucky they were. There were mutants that could walk among human society and no one would suspect a thing, though thhey might get a bit of an of feeling from some of the more powerful mutants. But those like him, with a physical mutation, would never be able to get in anywhere. If Angel wanted to fit in, he'd have to get his wings removed. And he'd rather die than lose the freedom his wings granted him.

"As for what I will think will happen... I honestly don't have a clue. All I can be sure of at the moment is that they intend to train us. I don't know for what purposes, other than to let us know about our powers and to have full control of them. But... what are they training us for? That's a question I'd like answered."

As he finished talking, another boy came into the hall, looked around, then looked at them and nodded, commenting on how he seemed to be in the right place. The boy said he ha heard this place was a safe place for mutants, though he addressed it as a question, leaving it hanging, like he expected Angel or Lex to answer it. Angel felt obliged to do so. After all, as a mutant, this person had something in common with him. And it wouldn't do to be nasty to people who had come here for the same reason as him, especially if they were going to be living together. That, and nasty wasn't something that came easily to Angel.

"Well, that's the same thing I've heard. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm Angel by the way. And this here... " Angel said, trailing off. Would Lex want Angel to introduce him? Maybe not. And Angel understood that. He'd let Lex introduce himself if he wanted to. "Well, I'm sure my friend here can introduce himself if he wants to."
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:57 am

Something that suspiciously looked like a smirk crept upon Lex’s face as Angel talked of how he would still be accepted in the society. If only you knew, Lex thought. He may not have any physical deformities, but he was a hunted murderer. That would not have been too bad if it weren’t for the fact that before the homicide happened, Lex questioned the authorities’ sincerity about their service to the public when he tried to have justice for Lucille’s suicide. In his attempt to get Evo (Lucille’s psychopathic tormentor) punished for his deeds, Lex only got haughty remarks from the authorities. “Look here, you insignificant little fool,” the man he had approached said, “We have more important business. If you do not leave this building immediately, I will make sure you do not get out alive. Do you understand?” Lex had been appalled, but he had proof of the authorities’ apathy on his side. Whilst the man had been talking, Lex had the brilliant idea to record what he was saying. Lex uploaded this online and it attracted the attention of people who have yet to receive justice from the system. So Lex was not just a hunted murderer—he was also a hunted political criminal.

Yes, he indeed would be accepted by the mortal world. He would be gladly accepted by those who have been waiting for so many years to torture him. He had no idea if Angel heard him speak, but with a soft voice, he muttered, “You have no idea. You have no idea at all.”

Angel seemed to have no answer to Lex’s question. It sort of disappointed him, but he didn’t mind. Maybe he would just investigate the Institute himself. He could spend time in the library looking for clues about what had happened to the mutants who had stayed and studied in the Institute. There would also have to be undiscovered diaries left by the former students, and he would also be watching his seniors closely. He would track their careers and lives to see if the Institute is truly benevolent in its cause. Truth be told, Lex would not mind being trained for an army or something of the sort, but if that was true he’d have to make sure this army was being trained for a good cause and not for someone’s selfish purposes. He knew he could find things out easier if he would only ask around, but Lex didn’t trust people. They could be deceivers, or they could be the deceived believers themselves. Difficult as it could be, Lex planned on attaining information on his own.

As he mentally planned things, the door opened behind him. In came a young man of about the same age with brown hair and blue eyes. He seemed to be probably just an inch shorter than Lex, and he had held the manner of someone who was new to the Institute. He also seemed as if he wanted to talk to them and maybe ask them questions. What is this, Recruit New Mutants Day? Lex wondered as he studied the newcomer. He felt rather rude for not speaking to the newcomer, but he wasn’t a senior and it wasn’t his responsibility to welcome his fellow newcomers. Fortunately for Lex, Angel saved them the awkwardness by speaking to the guy. He then introduced himself, but he didn’t introduce Lex. Lex tried not to smirk. Has he forgotten my name already? He wondered in amusement. Or maybe he’s not what one would call the take-charge kind of person. With this deduction, Lex lazily extended his hand towards the newcomer.

“Yes, well, I’m Lex,” he said. “Lex Darcy.” Lex paused for a moment to decide whether he should add something to what Angel said. After a while, he decided to say something anyway. His cool expression remained in place as he spoke, but his stance had gotten more reserved again now that there was a new person whose personality he had yet to analyse. “We have actually been discussing theories regarding this place,” said Lex. “I may or may not have a few theories in mind, but if you could share yours, then perhaps we could form an idea regarding what we should expect from this place.” His French accent added to his aloofness, and the atmosphere became cooler as Lex felt uncomfortable with the presence of the newcomer. Oh, how he hated having to deal with people.
Back to top Go down
Alex Radke

Alex Radke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:05 pm

"Well, that's the same thing I've heard. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm Angel by the way. And this here... " This did not inspire much confidence, but Alex nodded. "So your new as well, so none of us know?" Just great, for all I know this could be some government WMD place, where they take people like us and make them weapons. What if it is? Well I have one mutant on my side if it comes to that. What about the other? Could he be a hum.. no. Alex took shook his head, as Angel spoke again. "Well, I'm sure my friend here can introduce himself if he wants to." Alex nodded, "my friend was from the U.K. as well, different accent though. He was from Nottingham, England. You?" He asked this to hopefully silence his ever reeling mind. Now that he looked closer Alex saw that this boy had a golden ring around his eyes, he didn't look to buff, and as Alex saw the 'white humps' were really wings. It than dawned on Alex, what if this place was real? What if this is a place where I can just be me, ice and all.

Even in Soliell, it still felt like I was hiding everywhere I went just hiding in a different way. I'll proced open minded, but with cation? Hmm could that even work? It's like saying i'll light a ice cube on fire.
“Yes, well, I’m Lex, Lex Darcy.” Alex looked at them, he was finished sizing Angel up. "Nice to meet you both." Alex could tell that something was off about Lex, but didn't display anything that would hint at it. As a performer he was pretty good at faking. Lex looked like eh was angry at the world and possibly would do something about it. Alex could only wonder, what had made him so angry and cold. Oh yes, he seemed very cold. Sure a mutants life was bad, but what could possibly turn someone like this? “We have actually been discussing theories regarding this place. I may or may not have a few theories in mind, but if you could share yours, then perhaps we could form an idea regarding what we should expect from this place.” Nodding he heard the french accent, he knew several people with the same accent just he wasn't to close to them so he couldn't say much else about France in general.

"Well i'd like to believe Charlie and say this place is where we mutants can come as refugees from the world. But as to what I believe it is, well anything from a government army post, where they want to turn mutants into WMDs, to say nothing more than a school. All thoughts and possibility have been running though my head since I heard about this place. So I have no one set theory, and I just plan to go though this place with an open mind, but always an eye on the nearest exit." He knew he hadn't said much, a talent Alex had was he could talk for hours yet say nothing. Being able to talk in circles and not say to much helped when you wanted information. But he had been upfront with what had been on his mind, now he wanted to know about those two. "But if you could shed some light with you theorys?"

"Oh, i'm Alex by the way. Alex Radke." Alex's last name was not really Radke, it used to be Wright. But after he told his new family and friends of how he ended up with them in the circus. They pretty much gave him a new name. My family, those... Alex cursed there name with everything that came to his mind. Oh how he hated those traitors, to cast ones son ones brother aside just because he is different. This was how all humans seemed to treat him and all mutants. Alex stopped thinking about it, before he ended up going of the deep end. "What of you Angel what do you think?" Alex wasn't the least bit curious as to what there mutations could be, well Lex's anyway. Alex could see Angel's. He had been around mutants for the last year, and he was absorbed in the 'culture' so to speak. He didn't see mutants as strange creatures like humans. Some could harm others, but so could Alex doesn't mean he would, and thats where humans are wrong. Just because he could doesn't mean he would hurt someone, or freeze them.
Back to top Go down
Angel Smith

Angel Smith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Angel noticed the smirk quickly cross Lex's face, and heard him say that Angel had no idea at all under his breath. Been the polite person he was (and of course, not wanting to make things even more awkward), he didn't inquire. If Lex wanted to keep some secrets, that was fine. After all, he'd only just met Angel, and you don't exactly spill all your deep dark fears and secrets onto someone you've known for all of what... ten minutes? He listened to the boy talk, asking if they were both new as well.

"Aye, we're both new." Angel replied in response to the boy's question. He was surprised when he was asked what part of the UK he was from. "To be honest, I don't have a clue. All I can say for sure is England.. but other than that, I don't know. Been passed around from orphanage to orphanage since you were born can kind of do that to you."

Angel noticed that the lad was looking at his wings and let out a small smile. Her wasn't one to show off his abilties, but letting his wings strecth wasn't really showing off his abilties, right? He stretched them out to their full wingspan of around about 16 feet. If the boy was goingto look, he might as well give him something to look at. He flapped his wings a couple of times, airing them out again, and he felt the air rush past his arms as they flapped. Having wings was like having a giant body sized fan at times, which was alright. Not that Angel really needed it - he never got too hot or too cold. He was always nice and warm, not matter the temperature it was inside or out. He could go out in the snow in a t-shirt or walk through a desert without working up a sweat.

Lex introduced himself (which seemed quite social for the cold darkness manipulator... or at least, so Angel thought. He felt quite lucky that he'd gotten Lex to even talk now.), and asked the boy about his theories. The boy, who introduced himself as Alex, said that he wasn't so sure - it could be anything from a regular school to a place where they were going to be made into WMDs. But no matter what, he'd be keeping an eye on the exits. Angel agreed there - he'd be keeping himself near to the closest window at all times if he could. If things got weird, he'd be out and flying off, hopefully before anyone could stop him.

"Well... It was Charlie who came and got me as well." He said, as Alex asked his thoughts on the situation. "I'm not too sure on what could be happening here, though I do remember that when Charlie picked me up, I asked what the catch was. Because something like this... if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. She joked about been put in a school full of hormonal teenage mutants, which I guess is true, and also told me that we could sometimes have to go 'fight evil stuff, but only if we wanted to'. By that, she could mean anything. Though, what would mutants be needed against? I guess the best defense against mutants would be... more mutants. So maybe we're been trained to capture rogue mutants that are causing trouble. But I can't be sure. It seems plausible, though."

While he had talked, Angel had absent mindedly made a small fireball, which he was getting to float in between his fingers in his hand. As he noticed it, he shrugged and put it out. "That's just a quick thought, though. It could be nothing. What do you think, Lex?"
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 am

Lex listened with his signature expressionless face as the newcomer answered his question. Surprisingly, the young man’s theory matched one of his. It wasn’t exactly surprising in that sense considering how mutants usually had a reason to be paranoid about their lives, but it made Lex wonder if he was being genuine or if he was sent by the Institute as an actor to “assure” him. Lex had watched him closely as he spoke, and from his body language Lex could see that he was speaking genuinely. However, body language could be faked, and so Lex decided to look for other clues regarding the newcomer. He did this subtly so as not to appear like he was staring, because that might come off the wrong way. Then again, his eyes never looked anything other than critical and distrusting, and anyone who wasn’t blind would be able to sense that by just one brief eye contact despite the unreadable look on his face. As he made deductions from what he could observe, the new comer introduced himself. “Oh, I’m Alex by the way,” he said. “Alex Radke.” Lex nodded in acknowledgement whilst Alex proceeded to ask the question he himself had asked just a few minutes ago.

Angel recounted what his “escort” by the name of Charlie had told him. The explanation seemed fair enough, but until Lex gets to meet this Charlie he wouldn’t trust just that explanation. Lex could imagine himself fighting off a band of rogue mutants. Besides, with his past experiences and personality he could not imagine himself having another sort of career. An enigmatic smile started to creep upon his face again, and Lex felt extremely amused at the thought of exacting revenge on those who have hurt him along with gradually inflicting extreme pain on those who dared to take over the world with their evil plans and selfishness. If this Institute indeed turns out to be a training ground for a mutant army, maybe things wouldn’t be so bad. Sure, Lex didn’t like the idea of having to train with people this time, but if that kept him veiled and protected from his enemies then he could probably even try to be sociable enough. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and once he has the perfect recipe to serve it he’ll make sure he would serve it the coldest way it could get. It would be the dish that would literally remove all traces of warmth from their bodies.

Whilst Lex’s mind raced with ideas for the most sadistic ways of killing ever to be imagined, his eyes drifted from the things he were trying to observe to the small fireball floating in between Angel’s fingers. Lex frowned at the sight of that. Was Angel feeling upset or angry or possibly even guilty about something? When Angel noticed this, he shrugged and put it out. He then asked Lex about his theories, which Lex felt reluctant to speak of. There were so many, but he decided to speak of another theory he had gathered based on what Alex and Angel had said. “Even mortals are lured by the vampire’s charm before she bites his neck,” said Lex. “However, I am willing to give this place the benefit of the doubt. First of all, the person who brought me here did not try to take me by force. That is probably a good sign. Second, he had never badmouthed anyone or mentioned a cause—whether good or bad—and that is also probably good. Third, it seems to me that this could be a place to prevent mutants from turning into rogue mutants… It is possible that this place is a place to ‘tame’ us, for we could be dangerous in the mortal world.” Lex shrugged nonchalantly with a distant and faraway look in his eyes. “Because in the end, this cannot be just for us. No gift comes without a price. In the end, they will get something in return from us. But what it shall be, we have yet to see.”

“At the first sign of propaganda, though, it may be best to keep a cautious eye on everything. For we are mutants, and we are never safe.” With that, he turned to the other two to hear what they thought. Genuinely he wanted to be emancipated from his distrust of everything, but he could not bring himself to express it. And as much as it pained him to trust anyone else’s opinion, he wanted to hear the opinion of people with no cloud of cynicism in their brains.
Back to top Go down
Alex Radke

Alex Radke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 am

"Aye, we're both new. To be honest, I don't have a clue. All I can say for sure is England.. but other than that, I don't know. Been passed around from orphanage to orphanage since you were born can kind of do that to you." Alex nodded, he had been without a home to bu that had only been for a matter of months, he knew he couldn't begin to understand that. He didn't try, he knew the last thing Angel would want to hear is 'oh i'm so sorry bla bla bla', no one every truly meant that. If they did they wouldn't say sorry, they wouldn't have to. Alex's thought was stopped when Angel spread his wings, "well I guess you really are an angel" he said with a small chuckle. He wondered if Angel had ever gotten such a casual response to him showing off his wings. Alex was impressed but he had moved on being surprised by mutants, unless it was something insane like four heads or something. "Well... It was Charlie who came and got me as well. I'm not too sure on what could be happening here, though I do remember that when Charlie picked me up, I asked what the catch was. Because something like this... if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. She joked about been put in a school full of hormonal teenage mutants, which I guess is true, and also told me that we could sometimes have to go 'fight evil stuff, but only if we wanted to'. By that, she could mean anything. Though, what would mutants be needed against? I guess the best defense against mutants would be... more mutants. So maybe we're been trained to capture rogue mutants that are causing trouble. But I can't be sure. It seems plausible, though."

Alex leaned against the wall and close his eyes, the new information taking his mind by storm. Fight.... evil stuff? Just when I thought it was going good, don't they see? Power corrupts, so say put one of even nine people in charge of kids who could destroy city's and what not, all that power. Who is to say that this leader is capable? Who won't just use us to get what he wants, who is to say that the Cuban's aren't "evil stuff" what than, do we go and blow up the island? I know there are many rogue mutants, like the ones that did something to the San Francisco bridge. The like moved it? I don't know, but they were more organized? So we fight them? And who points out what is evil and who isn't? "Well who is to say we won't be used for personal gain? I mean who is to say that like the Russians aren't evil, what than does that give us the right to go blow it up? Some kids here could destroy this place with one snap of a finger, to put one or even eleven thirteen is maters not, to put people in charge is asking to be takin advantage of. But I guess they could have good intentions, and fighting other mutants that just want to destroy everything is good? .........Possibly. Remember the mutants that like picked up the San Frinsicio bridge and did something? I don't know the details, It was a few years ago...... 06?"

What Alex was talking about was when Magneto a mutant that wanted to kill all mankind and "save" mutant kind, had a final showdown with the X-men over a boy who's power would make a mutants power go away forever. Magneto wanted to kill the boy, while the X-men tried to save him. But this information was lost on Alex, because he was only nine of ten at the time. "That's just a quick thought, though. It could be nothing. What do you think, Lex?" Alex opened his still closed eyes, and looked at Lex. Wondering what he thought. “Even mortals are lured by the vampire’s charm before she bites his neck, However, I am willing to give this place the benefit of the doubt. First of all, the person who brought me here did not try to take me by force. That is probably a good sign. Second, he had never badmouthed anyone or mentioned a cause—whether good or bad—and that is also probably good. Third, it seems to me that this could be a place to prevent mutants from turning into rogue mutants… It is possible that this place is a place to ‘tame’ us, for we could be dangerous in the mortal world. Because in the end, this cannot be just for us. No gift comes without a price. In the end, they will get something in return from us. But what it shall be, we have yet to see. At the first sign of propaganda, though, it may be best to keep a cautious eye on everything. For we are mutants, and we are never safe.”

Alex nodded thinking, "we may never be safe but whatever the world throws at us. We'll have to with stand it, it may be a hard life but it s the only one we have, you know?" while he did this Angel brought forth a flame from his finger. Alex looked at it, and got lost in memory of the first time Semaj had showed him his power, he had been as flashy as he could. Which was juggle flaming balls and more spawned until it was just a spinning ring. Alex later found out he hadn't been juggling at all, that he could control the power of fire. Alex was brought back from his memory, "my friend Semaj had the power of fire as well." The words coming out before his mind processed them, He wasn't sure if welling them he came from a circus would be the best thing, he wasn't ashamed of it. Just he knew how mutants were about humans and showing there powers off in public for humans amusement. But he continued just about his friend, "we were like polor opposites in every way, from hair, eyes, music taste, everything yet we were about as close as brothers." He missed his friend, if Alex had stayed with the circus he would probably be fighting his friend over what they were watching. It usually ended with Alex on fire, and Semaj's feet frozen to the ground. "So Angel what other tricks do you have up your sleeves, my friend?" Even though they weren't really friends it was how Alex spoke, he said 'my friend' a lot. His friend made the joke that Alex was part Russian and instead of 'comrade' he said 'my friend'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... this is my new home?   So... this is my new home? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... this is my new home?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Men The next generation :: The Mansion :: Entry Way-
Jump to: