X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Name of Power Help?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

Name of Power Help? Empty
PostSubject: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 am

Okay, so I'm writing a c-sheet for a second charrie... Unfortunately I can't think of what to call her powers... And we all know how those titles are necessary to make things simpler. o_o Any ideas?

Here's the power description so far...

Liz has powers that would normally be considered just talents in the mortal world. Scientists would only see her as a human being with an incredibly brilliant nervous system. She has heightened senses, which allows her to sense everything better than anyone—even animals. Her eyesight is so clear she could even see the air and her hearing is so excellent she could even hear sounds humans would never be able to hear. When brought in a perfume shop, she’d be able to tell which bottle a certain scent came from, and she could taste something from even the blandest food ever cooked. And if someone is about to grab her hand, she could feel it even if the hand is still a distance away from her. She also has the ability to store everything she senses in her brain without ever forgetting them. In the mortal world, the scientists would dismiss it as only photographic memory, but Liz’s ability is much better than that. She could read the complete Harry Potter series and be able to recite everything written afterwards. Also, she could use these stored information to learn things on her own. For example, if there is someone doing martial arts in front of her, she could store the movements as ‘data’ in her memory. She could then use it later to do the martial arts she had seen and stored in her memory.

The downside to this ability of Liz is that any sorts of pain (whether visual, auditory or sensory), when inflicted on her, will be much more painful than it normally is for other mutants and human beings. Her hypersensitivity also tends to keep her alert and hyper at all times, rendering her restless even when she badly wants to just go to sleep or something of the sort. She will always feel the need to be alert, and a sudden huge wave of information sensed by her neurons can give her a migraine due to how her brain is trying to store too much information. With this weakness, Liz can feel incredibly exhausted (both physically and emotionally) and cantankerous. She will then need enough rest (which might take a while due to her brain’s constant need for new information) until she could be free to go about with her normal routines. However, the ability allows Liz to mix with mortals better than other mutants, as nothing changes whenever she uses her powers—except perhaps for her eyes, which could have a subtle image of information being stored into her memory like how it looks like for computers.

And, so sorry for the trouble, and thanks! :3 Oh and if anyone needs help regarding name of power and all that stuff as well, feel free to post your own... :]

Last edited by Lex Darcy on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carmen Moore

Carmen Moore

Character sheet
Power: Hypersuasion

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:54 am

Hmm... I'm trying to avoid 'Hyper-sense', because it sounds a bit like 'Hypersuasion', though, technically, it WOULD work.

Super Sense?

Also, help with my second charrie, because I like to be uber-prepared: Reptilian Shapeshifter sounds a bit... blunt. Very Happy

Would saying 'Shapeshifter', and then specifying reptilian species only be more... regulatory?
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

I was actually thinking Hyperneurons at first then I was like...wait...no. Razz Super Sense... I'll think about it. XD

Lol s'alright, I'm uber-prepared as well XP

Hmm... I'm not really sure. I'm bad at this. :[ I think Reptilian Shapeshifter sounds fine to me, because Shapeshifter in itself could be misleading. But I'm not sure what to suggest...

Reptilemorph.

-headdesk-
Back to top Go down
Carmen Moore

Carmen Moore

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:13 am

As a play on your last one...

Repta-morph? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:26 am

That sounds better than reptilemorph. -nodnod- You could use that, or we could come up with a new name... like how being a werewolf has Lycanthropy. XD
Back to top Go down
Tobin Abernathy

Character sheet
Power: Electromagnetic Radiation

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 am

you could use hypersensory input....

i don't think that's too close to hypersuasion. Even so, telekinesis and telepathy are both made from two greek words mashed together and can be somewhat similar, but we still use them.
Back to top Go down
Carmen Moore

Carmen Moore

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Tobin has smart points...

Also, in some mythologies, there were more 'were's than just wolves. ((were-bear, were-hog...)) I think there may have been a lizard.

SO THERE WAS!... It was on Star Wars. Ahhhhhhhh... Star Wars. Very Happy But there is no official name... 'Drakonthropy'? It has a nice ring to it...
Back to top Go down
Wren McKenna

Character sheet
Power: Phoenix Mimicry

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:42 am

Les, what about Sensory enhancement?

Repto-genesis...Repto-synthesis....I dunno if those fit at all LOL

I need help with one too

the power is possession and reality alteration...but she can only do them together (in other words, she can only alter a person's perception of reality once she's occupying their body), and with people in her line of sight

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name of Power Help?   Name of Power Help? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name of Power Help?
Page 1 of 1